Chapter 12

Few weeks later - Monday

Ecstasy and her father finally arrive to Hashmore High School, he asks her "You sure about this? After what happened last week?" and she replied "It's okay, dad. I'm fine and I'll you see home". Ecstasy kisses her dad goodbye and walks through the school, then he drives his car away.

When she enters the school, she sees an empty corridor and no students nor faculty members to be found. She tries to find her friends, but they weren't there neither of the classrooms, cafeteria and the bathroom. After stepping out of the girl's bathroom, she checks the school's bulletin board and looks at the poster that says "Attention Students! Come to the gymnasium now for an important annoucement", which was posted just recently, so she heads over there.

There, she sees all the students are gathered in the bleachers and every faculty members are sitting on a chair in the center. Her friends see her and immediately approach her where they hug her and bring her up with them.

Marty: How are you feeling? It's been a week, though.
Stephanie: Still tramuatized, I believe?
Rebecca: Petrified?
Benjamin: Scarred for life when you saw their dead bodies. (Everyone looks at him) I'm weird, okay?
Ecstasy: (confused because of so many questions)
Melissa: How's your boyfriend Ashton?
Jeffrey: Guys! Give her a chance to explain.
Melissa: Right!
Ecstasy: I don't where to start. First, I'm feeling fine at least for now. Second, still tramuatized and petrified but not scarred for life because I've seen first than that, in fact, even more morbid than that. Third, he's fine and still not my boyfriend.
Melissa: You'll be... soon.
Stephanie: That's all great news, Ecs.
Marty: Yeah! Good for you.
Ecstasy: So, did I miss anything in school lately?
Rebecca: A lot of things, my dear friend.
Ecstasy: Damn it! I need to catch up.
Jeffrey: You better should mostly on History and Mandarin.
Ecstasy: Yikes! My two unfavorite yet hardest subjects, (sighs) okay then. Thanks for that.
Melissa: Ecstasy, remember at the party of that pyscho killer's, I saw you and Ashton going upstairs and I been meaning to ask you... what were you doing up there?
Ecstasy: (sees everyone getting closer) We... um... you know.
Benjamin: What?
Rebecca: Spill it out, girl!
Ecstasy: Uh...

In attempt to tell her friends what happened to them upstairs, she is saved when the Principal begins the important announcement. Stating that there will be a election starting today and he is looking for two students as representatives either Grade 11 or Grade 12 students, where they must compete for "student body president" and the election will be this Friday so prepare a speech. He also tells them to list their names if willingly to volunteer at the bulletin board and it will be collected after school, then dismiss them all.

Ecstasy and her friends are staring at the bulletin board and discussing which among them are volunteering.

Jeffrey: Not even a single soul willing to sign their name.
Ecstasy: I don't think any of the students have the power to lead and think about it... are you ready for the responsibilities and obligations of being an elected student body president?
Rebecca: If you're referring to the students here in school, I don't think they would.
Melissa: (opens the cover of her ballpen and attempts to sign her name on a piece of sheet).
Ecstasy: Wait, Mels. Are you sure about this?

From the distance, a teenaged boy said "Yes, Melissa. Are you sure about that" and everyone turns around and sees a male student from Grade 12 with an army of his friends, coming towards them and the bulletin board.

Melissa: Hello, Dylan. Are you gonna sign in?
Dylan: In the matter of fact, yes.
Melissa: Remind me, what section are you from?
Dylan: Grade 12. One of the graduating students and one of the best students in my section. (pops the cover of his ballpen and signs his name)
Melissa: The best? (scoffs) Let see about that, bully (signs her name)
Dylan: You competing against me. (laughs) What makes you so special then, huh?
Melissa: One thing you should know about me. Never underestimate me... ever.
Dylan: Yeah, whatever. I'll see you on the Debate this Friday.
Melissa: You too. And if you need help from your speech. Just free to ask, but kindly next time.
Dylan: That was one time only and I forgot do it.
Melissa: Right (laughs evilly)