003

CHAPTER THREE:

CHAPTER THREE:

lydia drove over to the school cause malia said that she needed her help.

"hello?" lydia said.

"over here." malia said as they saw her with one of her arms chained up.

"has it really come to this?" lydia asked.

"can you give me a hand?" malia asked.

"if this is a new after school club, count me out?" lydia said.

"i've got a problem. i'm growling at people in class. i'm clawing at my desk. i tried turning the floor of my bedroom into a coyote den. do these look familiar to you?" malia said showing the chains.

"no. why would it? malia, do you really think this is going to keep you safe?" lydia asked.

"they used to. before the lake house, this is where i'd come for the full moon. but you weren't down here with me. scott wasn't down here with me." malia said.

"right, so..." lydia trailed off.

"who was?" malia asked.

"you couldn't have done it alone." lydia said.

lydia's phone vibrating and she saw a text message from scott.

"it's scott." she told malia.

they all drove out to the woods where scott was and they walked over to him.

"hey, i went to bed at home and i woke up out in the woods. about a mile out. but, i think there's a reason why this has happened. i've been out here before. it was the beginning of sophomore year the night before tryouts for first line. i remember cause it was all that i could think about." scott said.

"what were you doing?" malia asked as they walked through the woods.

"i was looking for a dead body." scott said.

"that's morbid." lydia replied.

"so then, what was i doing out here all alone?" scott asked.

"i wish i could help you, but i didn't know you then." lydia said.

"i was still a coyote so i might've tried to eat it." malia said.

"deaton said that my subconscious is trying to tell me something. but i need you guys to help me figure out what it's saying." scott said.