028

CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT:

marcie, lydia and malia walked into the morgue. they opened one of the body bags and saw halwyn's dead body.

"well, it's still here, still dead. what else are we supposed to do?" malia asked.

"figure out how a hellhound led me into the woods to find another faceless body while being technically dead." lydia explained.

"technically." malia said.

"you think there's a possibility he might still be alive." marcie said.

"i don't think i would have been led out there if he was fully dead." lydia told them.

"i don't think we should be hanging out here waiting for him to spring back to life." malia said.

"yeah, lydia his body is here. how are we gonna bring him back before someone catches us?" marcie asked.

"we don't have to wait if we can figure out how he was able to reach me." lydia explained.

"how do we do that?" malia asked.

"i'm just gonna have to ask him." lydia replied.

-

lydia was laying on a table in front of halwyn. she had her eyes closed as she attempted to get inside his head.

"anything yet?" malia asked.

"as oppose to when you asked me three minutes ago, no." lydia said as they all let out a sigh.

lydia stood up from the table as marcie and malia looked down at halwyn.

"it's not working." lydia said getting off the table to stand beside marcie.

"maybe you should touch him." malia said.

"i don't think that's gonna work." marcie told her.

"that's ridiculous. there's no way-" lydia's sentence was cut off when malia grabbed her hand, placing it on halwyn's shoulder.

"anything?" malia asked.

"nothing." lydia replied.

"i knew that wasn't gonna work." marcie said to malia making her roll her eyes at her.

malia took lydia's hand and placed it over his heart as lydia groaned.