Chapter 13

[Olivia's POV]

Once I finally got to school I ran to homeroom as fast as I could. But of course I didn't make it and I was tardy.

"Try not to be tardy next time, Ms. Prince."  Mrs. Davis said.

"Sorry." I mumbled while going to my seat.

"Alright class, you may use this time to work on anything you'd like for now."

I grabbed my notebook from my bag that I used for notes for the band and I started to write down some song ideas for homecoming. I was able to get some ideas for different types of songs before the bell rang for next period. I grabbed my things and headed out of the classroom.

-Time Skip-

I have arranged an extra band meeting so I could talk to them about song choices for homecoming.

"Why couldn't you just send a text of the song choices and we could choose through that?" Isla complained.

"Well I'm sorry that I would rather talk face to face rather than texting behind a screen." I replied.

"Alright you two don't fight." Joey said.

"Yeah, just calm down. Now what are the song choices, Olive?" Alex asked.

"Olive?" I asked, confused at the nickname.

"Oh, sorry. I don't have to call you that I just thought it was a cool nickname." Alex replied.

"It's fine. I just haven't been called that for a while."

After a few moments of silence I tell the others my ideas for the songs.

"So I was thinking we could do one really upbeat song to get people moving around and then maybe a song of just me singing and someone playing keyboard?" I said.

"Just you singing? Wow, you really don't like to share the spotlight, do you?" Isla asked rolling her eyes.

"Oh, well you can sing it if you'd like? It was just an idea, it doesn't have to be me. I could play the keyboard." I responded.

"Wait what? Olivia you are the lead singer, you should be the one singing." Joey argued.

"It's ok Joey. I will just need to know what song I will need to play as soon as possible. Or else I will have to get some recorded music off of the internet." I replied looking over at Isla.

"Text me the list and I'll choose one later tonight." Isla said.

I nodded and I gave Joey and Alex a reassuring look telling them that it was ok. "Well you guys can go, I'm going to just do some homework in here."

The three of them said bye and they walked out of the auditorium leaving me in there all by myself. I sighed and looked over the list. Some of my favorite songs were on there but it's ok. Playing them on the keyboard will be just as nice as singing them. 

I went over to the door and looked out making sure nobody was in the halls. Once I knew no one was, I turned around and I go onto stage. I connected my phone to a speaker and I started to play the music to a song.

I took a deep breath and I started to sing.

"Times like this, I wish I never existed 

Nobody wants to listen 
I'm screaming out for help 

Times like this, I wish that I could let go 

And open up a window, free to be myself

But then there's you
Standing over me, tryna make a fool of me
Tryna get the best of me
Oh, then there's you
Tryna shut me out, tryna kick me when I'm down
That ain't gonna stop me now, no

How does it feel to know that I don't care at all?
Your words don't mean a thing at all
I chose to rise, you chose to fall
How does it feel to know that I am capable?
Of more than you will ever know

Don't tell me I'm not good enough
Don't you bring me down
I'm moving up and you're over now
You gave me fire
Every time you came around
My feet are steady on the ground
And you won't knock me down

No more, oho, oho,
Now I'm unbreakable
Oho, oho, oho,
Now I'm unbreakable

Times like this, I'm picking up the pieces
I'm making up the reasons
Not to tell a soul
Times like this, I'd rather speak to no one
I just wanna move on, stand up on my own
But then there's you
Standing over me, tryna make a fool of me
Tryna get the best of me
Oh, then there's you
Tryna shut me out, tryna kick me when I'm down
That ain't gonna stop me now, no

How does it feel to know that I don't care at all?
Your words don't mean a thing at all
I chose to rise, you chose to fall
How does it feel to know that I am capable?
Of more than you will ever know

Don't tell me I'm not good enough
Don't you bring me down
I'm moving up and you're over now
You gave me fire
Every time you came around
My feet are steady on the ground
And you won't knock me down

No more, oho, oho,
Now I'm unbreakable
Oho, oho, oho,
Now I'm unbreakable

I remember getting tease as a kid
Cause at the place that we lived
We never had it easy, believe me
But that don't excuse the things that we did

Wouldn't accept that I was never accepted
Shed so many tears like I fell in depression
But if I changed, I wouldn't get called names
But it was all the same, I was feeling rejected

Putting someone down that's a low blow
What goes around comes around like a yoyo
Wish that I could stop time like a photo
But we stand strong, bounce back like a pogo

Don't tell me I'm not good enough
Don't you bring me down
I'm moving up and you're over now
You gave me fire
Every time you came around
My feet are steady on the ground
And you won't knock me down

No more, oho, oho,
Now I'm unbreakable
Oho, oho, oho,
Now I'm unbreakable
"

I disconnected my phone from the speaker and I walked off of stage. As I was walking over to my things I heard clapping.

"You have got to be kidding me." I mumbled. I looked up to the door and saw Mani, Liam, and Sophia all standing there clapping.

"Well she can sing after all." Mani said.

"Are you going to sing that at homecoming?" Sophia asked.

The three of them walked down to me with huge smiles on their faces.

"Please tell us you are singing something by yourself at homecoming at least." Liam added.

"Sorry to disappoint you guys but Isla is the one with the solo this time. I'll be playing keyboard for her." I replied.

"What?! Why are you only playing keyboard! You could be the main act all by yourself but you are letting Isla take the spotlight?" They all started to yell at me saying how I should have the solo and how Isla is only backup and that I'm better blah blah blah.

"Guys I'm fine with it. I'm the one who suggested her to do the solo. I still have the first song as lead, this is just letting her show her talent also." I said once I got them to shut up.

"But Olivia..." Liam tried to say.

"Liam. I promise, it's fine. I'm giving her a list of songs that she can sing since I want to do songs that I already know so it's easy to play." I said cutting him off.

Liam just sighed and looked at Mani. Mani nodded at him and Liam stopped bothering me about it.

"Now I hear that you two have a game tomorrow. You guys ready?" I asked while putting my bag over my shoulder.

"Yeah. You two ready for your tournament?" Mani asked.

I smirked, "Ready as I'll ever be."

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!} 

Peace✌️ 

(I don't own the song lyrics)