Chapter 15

[Olivia's POV]

The ball goes over the net and one of the girls hits the ball over.

Alexa dives for the ball and passes it high over to Luna. Luna sets the ball over to Sophia. Sophia jumps up and hits the ball over the net.

Someone goes for a block but they miss. The other team all goes to try and get the ball. But they fail.

The loud bang of the ball cues an enormous cheer from our team and our families.

Everyone cheers and I get up and go over to the team.

"You guys did great! Lola you did a great job." I said.

Lola smiled, "Thanks Olivia."

Sophia comes over to me and taps me on the shoulder, "The guys game starts in ten minutes."

I nodded and once we said good game to the other team me and Sophia rushed to get our stuff. We pushed through parents, friends, other family members, and got our things. We didn't have time to change so we fought our way through out of the gym and towards the cafeteria.

"Can you run?" Sophia asked.

"Not as fast as normal but I think so." I replied. 

Sophia nodded and we both started to run as fast as I could out to the bleachers. We ran over to where we always sit and we saw Liam and Manis things laying there signalling those are our seats.

I look down at the field and I see Liam and Mani looking up at us. I smile down at them and nod before sitting down next to Sophia to watch the game.

-Time Skip-

The buzzer goes off signalling the end of the game and our team won! Me and Sophia stand up and run down to the field.

"Look at you two!" Sophia yelled.

"Winning your game!" I added.

"What about you guys?" Mani asked.

"Yeah did you guys win?" Liam added.

"Of course we did!" I replied with a smile.

"Even if you messed up your knee." Sophia said looking at me.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll be more careful tomorrow."

By now other students and the cheerleaders have also ran onto the field so everyone is too loud for anyone to hear anything.

"Alright everyone I have a special announcement so how about you all go back to your seats." the announcer says on the loudspeaker.

Everyone went back to their seats confused but they wanted to see what was going to happen.

"Alright, thank you for going back to your seats folks. As we all know homecoming is next week, and of course there are going to be people who want to go with other people blah blah blah. Anyways, please direct your attention to the center of the field."

Everyone looks at the center of the field and the football team is in a circle with Mani and Liam right in the center of it.

I looked over at Sophia, "They aren't..."

"I think they are..." Sophia replied with wide eyes.

Before we knew it they were both playing guitar and they started to sing.

"When your legs don't work like they used to before
And I can't sweep you off of your feet

Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love

Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks

And darling I will be loving you 'til we're 70
And baby my heart could still fall as hard at 23
And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand
Oh me I fall in love with you every single day
And I just wanna tell you I am

So honey now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
Maybe we found love right where we are

When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades
And the crowds don't remember my name
When my hands don't play the strings the same way, mm
I know you will still love me the same

'Cause honey your soul can never grow old, it's evergreen
Baby your smile's forever in my mind and memory

I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe it's all part of a plan
I'll just keep on making the same mistakes
Hoping that you'll understand

But baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are, oh

So baby now
Take me into your loving arms
Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars
Oh darling, place your head on my beating heart
I'm thinking out loud
That maybe we found love right where we are

Oh maybe we found love right where we are
And we found love right where we are
"

Right when they finished the song half of the football team held up signs that said, "Will you be my date to homecoming, Sophia? ~Mani"

And after Mani smiled up at Sophia the other half of the players held up signs that said, "Will you be my date to homecoming, Olivia? ~Liam"

I looked over at Sophia and she had a slight smile on her face. But I then realized everyone was looking at us. 

"We need to give them an answer." I whispered to Sophia.

"Yeah I know." Sophia replied.

I sighed and stood up and ran down to the field. I smiled when I heard Sophia running down behind me.

Once I got over to Liam I shook my head and smiled, "I never expected you to be able to play guitar. Or sing for that matter."

"Well I know how much you enjoy music." Liam replied with a smile.

"You know this is more than I ever would've expected from you." I heard Sophia say to Mani.

"Well go big or go home right?" Mani replied.

"Now I guess you're expecting me to be all lovey dovey and everything because of what you did but you are wrongly mistaken." I said with a slight smirk on my face.

"Well it would be embarrassing for both of us, mainly me, but both of us if you said no." Liam replied.

I laughed a little and shook my head again, "I know. So yes."

"Yes?" Liam asked.

"Yes. I'll go to homecoming with you." I replied with a smile.

I heard almost the exact same conversation going on next to me and I heard Sophia say yes also and I smiled to myself.

"SHE SAID YES!!!" Mani and Liam both yelled at the same time.

Everyone cheered while me and Sophia laughed as the guys picked us up and spun us around.

"I can't believe I said yes to your dork self." I said with a smirk.

"Well I'm glad you did." Liam replied.

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!}

Peace✌️

 (I don't own the song lyrics)