Chapter 25

[Olivia's POV]

We danced for hours and we had a great time. We got pictures from the photo booth, got a lot of food, and the groups started to blend.

Lauren, Willow, and Brooke are in a few of Sophia, Mani, and Liam's other classes so they already knew each other. Alex and Joey came over at one point also and they got along with Mani and Liam instantly. I was able to meet Mani's younger sister Ruby who was in her junior year. And at one point even Isla had came over and she danced with us also.

Soon enough we went from a group of four to a group of eleven in just one night.

"Alright all of you be honest with us." Sophia said.

"How many of you voted for one of us to be queen?" I asked.

All of them raised their hands.

"You have got to be kidding me!" I exclaimed.

"Do you guys know anyone else who voted for one of us?" Sophia asked.

"The whole volleyball team voted twice, one time for each of you." Brooke said.

"And we may have convinced the entire football team to vote for one of you guys also..." Mani added.

"Me and Alex voted for you also." Joey said.

"So that's the volleyball team, the football team, and you two. Well that's just great. If the jocks vote for us than the rest of the school will vote for us!" Sophia exclaimed.

"I'm not sure about you Sophia you may be a little happy about this but I never wanted this! Nobody would expect me to become princess or queen for that matter after everything I have done in my past!" I added.

"Well I'm not sorry! Olivia you have changed so much since the beginning of the year. Instead of giving me wounds you have healed them. Instead of taking things from people you give when you work at the cafe. You are a great student and you deserve this. Everyone here has known about your past since the very beginning but we are all here now. Me, Mani, and Sophia never even left. You took your break and we respected that, and now you are our best friend. So I don't care if you didn't want this. You deserve this. So stop talking about being homecoming royalty and have fun!" Liam finally finished his little speech and I smiled a little.

"Nice speech. I won't complain anymore." I said.

I told Sophia I was going to get a drink and I then walked over to the snack table. I grabbed a water bottle and turned around to have Alisa and Kelsie right in my face.

"Can I help you?" I asked.

"Yeah, you can leave our school." Kelsie said.

"What do you mean leave your school?"

"You don't deserve to be here and you certainly don't deserve to be royalty. You're a criminal and criminals deserve to be in jail." Alisa said.

I start to smell the alcohol that is coming off of them, "Someone must've spiked something..." I thought. 

"Listen, I used to be a criminal. But now I have friends who have made me change into a better person. I haven't committed a crime in a while and any crimes I do commit I pay off my charges or I do go to jail. You understand that you have a great life right? You are the captain of the cheer team, you have plenty of friends, your dad is the principle of the school, and you are in the running for homecoming queen." I said as calm as I could.

"You deserve to be in jail!" Alisa yelled.

I watched and more and more people became silent and looked over. I sighed and looked at Alisa, "You want me to leave? Fine. I'll leave. I have my mistakes but I don't deserve to be treated like this." 

I walked past them and I walked out of the doors. As I got farther and farther away from the doors I started to go quicker and quicker. There was a sports equipment shop and a pool that are right next to each other and there is a small area in between them that I go to sometimes. I started to run as fast as I could and soon I was at the area.

I took a deep breath and held in my tears. I wasn't going to let her make me cry. I grabbed my knife from a strapped on holder on my leg and threw it at the wall. I just wanted to have fun, but of course someone had to ruin it.

I grabbed my knife out of the wall and I put it back in the holder. I looked around and saw bright headlights flashing at me. I walked towards them and realized it was Mani's car. I sighed and walked up to the car wiping rogue tears from my eyes.

Liam had gotten out of the car and had started coming towards me. When I got to him he pulled me into a hug, "It's ok, Olivia. It's ok."

I pulled out of the hug and sighed, "No it's not. I'm going to have this on me for my entire life. Sure it will begin with high school but what about when I apply for a job? Nobody will want to have an ex-criminal working for them. And don't try to make me feel better with the cafe as a job, the owners hired me only because they felt bad."

"Olivia, don't think about the future right now ok? You will figure something out but right now you need to think about the present. Like you said before you left you did not deserve to be treated that way by Alisa. I should've realized you were taking a little too long to just get a drink." Sophia said as she walked towards us.

"I'm a demon though..." I mumbled.

"No you're not! The past doesn't matter anymore. It is the past, let's leave it there." Mani replied.

I looked down at the ground and just stared. I didn't want to look at them. But Liam of course made me.

"How about this. We go back to the dance and we stay there. We stay for fifteen minutes and if you want to leave than we will leave and go get some food or something." Liam said with a small smile.

I sighed, knowing that I would have to do it anyway and said fine.

"Alright then let's get back to the dance then!" Mani exclaimed.

We all got into Mani's car and soon we were back at the school.

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!} 

Peace✌️