Chapter 42

[Olivia's POV]

It's the next day and I am heading to the cafe for my next shift.

I pulled into the parking lot and I walked into the small building. I breathed in the smell of cookies and coffee and immediately felt better. I walked in the back and placed my bag in a cubby and signed in. 

I walked in and saw someone helping a woman at the counter.

Sadly, I recognized the messy brown hair I saw and I went over to the other register. 

A well dressed man came over to the counter and ordered a coffee. I quickly got it for him and he paid and left.

-Time Skip-

It's four hours later and I'm in the back making some more cookies and donuts while Liam is in the front at the register.

"Olivia I need two cookies!" I heard him yell.

"Come get them yourself!" I yelled back.

I heard him groan and soon the door swung open. He came over and grabbed the plate of finished cookies that I had beside me. I looked at the cookies to make sure they were all frosted but I then saw a silver chain around his neck.

"What the..." I mumbled before grabbing the chain and looking at it.

"Ow! God Olivia do you just want to choke me to death?" Liam asked.

I looked at the necklace in my hand and froze. It was the angel wing that he had kept from the set we had from getting together. I let go and watched as he quickly left the room. I shook myself out of my gaze and finished the batch of donuts.

I quickly frosted them and then took them out to the front and placed them in their displays. I went back in the back ad signed out and took my apron off. I hung it up and then grabbed my bag from the cubby. I headed out of the back and walked out the door.

I went home and I walked up to my room. I changed into some more comfortable clothes and sat down on my bed. I worked on a project for Spanish and listened to music.

About an hour later I was finishing up my project when my mom came into my room.

"Olivia someone is outside and they're here for you."

"Alright. Tell them to come up." I responded.

She walked out and a few moments later someone else was in my room.

I looked up from my project and saw Alex standing there.

"What's up Alex?" I asked, confused of why he had came to my house.

"I uhm...god how to tell you this...uhm..." Alex kept mumbling like that for a while when I got a notification on my phone.

"Olivia, Alex likes you." Joey texted me.

My eyes went wide and I showed Alex the phone.

"I'm going to kill him." Alex said.

"No, no, no. You wait right here for a second. You like me?"

"Maybe?"

I rolled my eyes and threw a pencil at him. "Alright dude listen here. Since you are too pathetic to ask yourself I will do this myself. Pick me up tomorrow at 12 and we'll go out for lunch. We'll see what happens after that but for now get out of my room please."

Alex looked at me like I was a giant whale just sitting in front of him but he left and went home.

I sighed and grabbed my phone.

"Hurry up with the text next time. Alex just left my house." I texted Joey back.

"Sorry."

-Time Skip-

It's the next day and I have an hour before Alex gets here. I don't understand why I did this to myself but oh well. I looked through my closet for like twenty minutes before eventually just grabbing a black crop top and putting that on with my navy blue leather jacket over it. I put on some black jeans and then some shoes I had lying in my closet.

I put on some mascara but I didn't really try with the makeup. I brushed my hair out and put it in a ponytail but then I didn't have any time left to do anything else. I grabbed my phone and bag and headed downstairs. 

I yelled bye to my mom and I walked outside right when Alex pulled up by my house. I got in his car and we drove to a decent restaurant and had lunch there.

I mean it wasn't a bad date but it wasn't good.

"Alex, I'm really sorry but I think it's just better if we stay friends..." I said as we pulled out of the parking lot.

"Yeah, I agree..." He replied.

We then drove back to my house with an awkward silence the whole time. I got out of the car as quickly as I could and ran inside. I went up to my room and I headed over to my desk.

I sat down in my desk chair and I realized I had so much stuff that either didn't work or that I didn't need. I grabbed a box and a big trash bag from the hall closet and I organized everything. I organized my desk, vanity, dresser, closets, bathroom, and everything else in my room. I was able to get rid of so much and was happy to know that I only had things in my room that I used.

I took the boxes of things I was donating and I dropped it off at a goodwill. I threw away the bags of trash and then got some food as I was heading home.

Once I got home I went upstairs and sat down in bed. I worked on some songs and eventually fell asleep.

-Time Skip-

It's a week or so later and it's sixth period. I'm working more on some songs in the auditorium when I hear the door open.

I look up and see Liam walking towards the stage.

"What's up?" I asked.

"So...we haven't talked much since the night I came back..." He replied.

I sighed, "So? I've been busy."

"With what? Songs? Olivia we both know that songs wouldn't take up all of your time."

"Yeah but making sure Sophia doesn't hurt herself does. Working at the cafe does. Helping my mom with hospital bills and other bills does. Me trying to think of something that can change the fact that I left you in that alley with bleeding knuckles. Also I've been taking care of myself. So don't think that I am hiding behind song writing. I'm not. I have so much more going on in my life. So back off."

I grabbed my things and jumped off of the stage and headed towards the door.

"Fine! Leave! That's what you always do right? You leave me in the alley and now you are leaving me now. You pushed me away. It was your fault." Liam yelled.

I stopped right in my tracks and turned around.

"Excuse me?! I'm sorry did your dad die? Did you get shot? Did you cry yourself to sleep for weeks regretting every life decision you ever made? Did you ever feel your heart break a little more every time you saw a piece of jewelry? Were you looking for me in any crowd of people? 

No, you probably didn't. But I did. It hurt to even look at the necklace you got me. It hangs in my room still. Cause I don't have the heart to get rid of it. But I didn't push you away. You were the one who decided to leave and disappear for more than a month." 

At this point I had gone back over to him. It wasn't my fault. At least not completely.

"Olivia..." Liam tried to say something but he couldn't.

I scoffed and shook my head, "Can't even think of an argument. I want to be your friend. I want to talk to you. But it hurts too much."

I turned back around and ran out of the auditorium.

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!} 

Peace✌