Chapter 18

[Olivia's POV]

"I still can't believe Isla is doing the solo." Sophia says.

"You deserve it so much more than she does." Mani adds.

"You shouldn't just be playing keyboard!" Liam adds to finish it all off.

"I told her she could do it. It is our first major performance since we have only performed in small restaurants before. She has more experience so I said she could do it. And I'm fine with playing the keyboard. This reminded me that I have to text Isla about what song she is going to choose, since I realized that I would have to use a launchpad for some of the songs. So I'm going to go do that real fast." I said before walking out of the cabin and walked on the trail.

[A/N- Italic is Isla and plain text is Olivia]

"Hey Isla. I was just wondering if you chose a song yet?"

"Yeah I chose this one. It wasn't on the list though. I just thought it would be good."

Isla sent me a link and I opened it and I realized I didn't even know the song, which was hard for me to believe.

"Oh, ok. Can you have a backup song that is on the list incase I can't do this one? I'm not very familiar with this song."

"Ugh, fine. I'll send you a link to the backup song."

"Alright thanks."

I turned off my phone and turned back around towards the cabin. I played the song on my phone and listened to it. I realized I would need a launchpad for the song.

"Alright, I can do this..." I mumbled to myself.

I walked into the cabin and fell onto the couch and screamed into the cushions.

"You ok Olivia?" Liam asked.

"Yeah, yeah. Fantastic! Isla just chose one of the only songs I have never heard in my life ever and I have to learn how to use a launchpad for the song." I said into the cushions.

"This is why you should perform yourself. You wouldn't even need someone else to help you. You could just play piano or guitar yourself and sing at the same time." Mani said.

I sat up and looked at them, "No it's fine. I told her to choose a song that is on the list as backup and to practice that. I purposely put songs I know by heart onto that list in case something like this happened."

"Still Olivia. I've heard Isla sing before, yeah she's good but there is a reason why she is backup. I'm going to find a way for you to perform the solo instead of Isla." Sophia said while sitting down in a chair near the guys.

"Sophia you don't have too-" I sorta said.

"I don't care. I'm doing this and you can't stop me." Sophia said cutting me off.

I sighed and put my face back in the cushions.

-Time Skip-

It's Monday and I am walking to third period when I hear the announcements turn on.

"Attention juniors and seniors, Please head to the auditorium for a quick assembly." 

"Oh boy..." I mutter before turning around and start heading towards the auditorium.

 As I walk in I see Liam, Mani, and Sophia all standing on the stage. I groan and I walk to sit sort of up front but not in the front row. People quickly start to pile into the room and soon almost every seat is taken by someone.

"Alright everyone. Thank you for coming on such short notice we just wanted to make a decision with the help of you all." Sophia said into a microphone.

"So we all know that homecoming is this saturday and I know some of you already know that our schools own little band will be performing a couple of songs." Mani said into another microphone.

"Now, we heard that Isla will be doing a solo for one of these songs. But us, and some of our other friends, think that we would be missing out on some other talent." Liam adds into the microphone Mani hands him.

"No no no no, please don't do this..." I think.

"So we are going to have both amazing girls sing a song for us. And at the end we will take a vote of who you believe should perform the solo. Now I would like to call Isla and Olivia both up to the stage!" Sophia announces.

With the students clapping I reluctantly get out of my seat and I head onto stage with Isla walking up the opposite stairs than me.

We decided Isla would sing first and I waved Alex and Joey onto the stage so they could help. they went to their instruments and I went up to Isla asking what she was going to sing.

"The third song on the list." Isla snapped at me. I knew she thought I had planned this but I sighed and went over to the guys and told them want song to play.

They nodded and I went behind the curtain so I wouldn't be seen while Isla was singing.

I heard the boys start to play their instruments and soon Isla started to sing. But I quickly realized they would need a soundpad so I quickly found one and I was able to play along just in time.

"We go hideaway in daylight
We go undercover when under sun
Got a secret side in plain sight
Where the streets are empty
That's where we run

Everyday people do
Everyday things but I
Can't be one of them
I know you hear me now
We are a different kind
We can do anything

We could be heroes
We could be heroes
Me and you
We could be heroes
We could be heroes
Me and you
We could be

We could be

We could be
Ooh ooh ooh
We could be
Ooh ooh ooh

Anybody's got the power
They don't see it
'Cause they don't understand
Spin around and round for hours
You and me we got the world in our hands

Everyday people do
Everyday things but I
Can't be one of them
I know you hear me now
We are a different kind
We can do anything

We could be heroesWe could be heroes
Me and you
We could be heroes
We could be heroes
Me and you
We could be

We could be
We could be
We could be
We could be
Ooh ooh ooh
We could be
Ooh ooh ooh
We could be
Ooh ooh ooh
We could be
Ooh ooh ooh
We could be

All we're looking for is love and a little light
Love and a little light
(We could be)
All we're looking for is love and a little light
Love and a little light

We could be heroes (Oh)
Me and you
We could be heroes (Oh)
Me and you

We could be (Ooh)We could be (Ooh)
We could be (Ooh)
We could be (Ooh)
We could be"

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!} 

Peace✌️ 

(I don't own the song lyrics)