Chapter 46

[Olivia's POV]

It's been about a month and we have planned everything. We just need to put that planning to good use. I went to a store and got things for party favors and decorations. I got streamers and small things that we can set out at tables.

I took the stuff home and took out any objects that didn't match the color scheme. I was able to figure out how much more supplies I needed to get for decorations and how much it would cost, not counting how much supplies for decorations we're going to make will cost. But we probably won't make too many. 

Cassie has already ordered everything for the coronation which is good and I have seen a few prom queen campaign posters up around the school already. What I didn't know is that I would soon have posters up also.

-Flashback-

I had just gotten home from school on Friday when Mom called me into the kitchen.

"What's up, Mom?" I asked as I put my bag on the steps.

"So prom is coming up. You are going to run for prom queen." Mom said while stirring a cup of coffee.

"Excuse me? It will be a cold day in hell when I run for queen." I couldn't believe it. I knew something snapped in her mind after dad died but this? No. Never going to happen.

"You will run for queen. For your father."

"For dad?! Are you serious? He wouldn't want me to be queen unless I decided to be." I snapped.

"YOU WILL RUN FOR PROM QUEEN AND THAT IS FINAL!" Mom yelled.

I just stood there for moment. Frozen. She has never yelled at me before like that. I gathered myself and ran up to my room. I grabbed my phone and I clicked onto Sophia's contact.

"Sophia...I get it if you're busy but can I come over this weekend?"

"Sure, Olive. You can come over now if you'd like. The door will be unlocked."

"Thanks."

I put my phone in my bag and grabbed some outfits and my charger. I ran downstairs and grabbed my keys and my bag. I ran out of the house and too my car.

I drove and drove until I finally got to her house. I pulled into the driveway and I walked into the house.

"Sophia! I'm here!" I called out.

"She's not here." I heard someone respond.

"Ok. Then where is she and who the hell are you?" I asked.

"I'm Jacob, Sophia's older brother. She's at the store getting some food or something I wasn't really paying attention."

I looked the dude over and realized he did look like Sophia. They had the same almost black hair and it was even messier. I looked closer and realized they have the same honey brown eyes. He was a little taller than me and a little buff but I've been more impressed.

"Alright then. Her room is upstairs, the first one to the left, right?"

"Yep."

I nodded and ran up to her room. I threw my stuff onto the floor and fell onto her bed.

Half an hour later I could hear someone yelling.

"Hey loser I'm back!"

"Hey dork your friend is up in your room!" 

I shook my head and continued to listen to music. I heard them yelling at each other a little more and the Sophia came into the room.

"Well then. That was nice to listen to." I said with a slight smirk.

"Shut up. Now what's up? It seemed like something was wrong on the phone."

"Well my mom is making me run for prom queen because that's what dad would've wanted but that isn't true."

"So you're going to run?" Sophia asked. She sat down next to me and placed the few bags of stuff on the floor by her feet.

"Yep. And I was hoping you could help me with my campaign?" I mumbled.

Sophia smiled, "Of course Olivia. How about we forget about this for a minute though and go and find our dresses?"

I smiled a little, "Yeah sure."

We grabbed our bags and money and I drove us to the mall.

When we got there we went to the dress store that we went to for homecoming and it was filled with beautiful dresses. 

We looked around and tried dresses on for hours and hours. But I couldn't find anything I liked. Sophia found a beautiful dress that was a beautiful dark red color. I told her to go look for a store with masks after she bought the dress and had it fitted.

I looked around more and more and went in the back of the store. I didn't want anything too bright or short. I really like darker colors on me.

I looked for what seemed like another hour when I saw a sapphire dress hanging in the back. I walked over to it and I pulled it off of the rack. It was beautiful. It was really long and poofy I guess. There was a band of crystals wrapped around the waist and there were smaller crystals all over it. I already knew it was the dress I wanted.

I had it fitted and it was amazing. I paid for it and they kept it in the store. Sophia had told me where a store with masks was so I quickly ran to the store and saw her walking around looking at different masks.

After looking around for a while longer we each got our masks. Sophia got a silver one and I got a gold mask. We got some food and then went back to her house. 

I placed my mask on her desk and she put hers where she was keeping her prom ticket. I had boughten mine before we even started to sell the tickets. My ticket is ticket number one, with anyone else in the committee right after.

We ate our food in her room while watching some movies. We planned what to do for my campaign and we even designed some posters.

A couple days later I was getting streamers and small things that we can set out at tables.

{That's it for this chapter guys! Hope you enjoyed!}

Peace✌