Half the Truth

Shit, Dad!

"Hi, Dad! Welcome home", I embraced him as he made his way on our terrace.

He patted my back and broke our embrace, he took Olaf from my arms as Olaf enjoying my Dad stroking his neck.

"Jackson Frost", he mumbled before he headed into the house releasing Olaf, I followed him inside without saying any words.

"Honey, I'm home!", Dad shouted after he closed the door

"Inggrid said mom went out for grocery", I said and I realized its gonna be even awkward with only two of us discussing my non-exsistent made up love life.

"Where's Anna?", he said while rolling up his shirt sleeve and undoing his tie, "She told me she went out with bunch of friends", I replied.

You owe me this one, Anna!

My Dad just simply hummed after he heard my answer, "So, what are you doing outside?"

Don't get me wrong I love my Dad. Truly with all my heart.

But for real he didn't bother to ask anything about Anna, like where she was heading or who the hell her friends are?

I mean come on!

"I was just finished strolling around with Olaf", I said as I held my breathe trying to be patient with this interogation.

I knew he was just trying to talk about Jack and me but he decided to approach me in such a 'politeness'

His mouth form an 'O', "You're not going out with him?", he continued his interogation

God, do help me

I let myself sat down on the gigantic brown leather sofa in our living room because I knew this is gonna be a long long long interogation, "No, why would I?"

"Do you think I'm gonna go out? I have school tomorrow", I defended myself as he looked at me suspiciously

"Good. That's what I wanna heard from my daughters", he took a sit next to me but not too close.

I rolled my eyes.

Your daughters, my ass.
You only demanded all the good attitude from me.

"What's with that attitude, young lady?", his voice almost roared the whole living room making Olaf whimper.

Did he just fucking read my mind?!

"Sorry", I said casually avoiding his eyes, "Sorry? Look me in the eyes young lady, say it with respect, I'm not your friend, I'm your father", his voice got louder and angrier.

This isn't fair.
Anna went out with her friends and he barely knows anything about them, but I can't even hung out with my childhood friend he knows for years.

Its always been like this!

I feel my eyes getting watery, "I'm justㅡ I'm exactly right here, Anna is out there, shouldn't you be more concerned about her? You didn't ask anything about her, she could just went out easily all the time, she didn't even had your permission first, I'm justㅡ I'm telling the truth, Dad"

"Don't lie to me, you were about to head out with Jackson, aren't you?", his statement sent thousands of blades shredding my heart into pieces.

How come my Dad didn't trust his own daughter?

"Is that the answer you wanna hear?", I couldn't held my tears anymore, his eyes still looked at me with anger.

"Anna went out with her friends, you went out with a guy", he simply said.