Wrecked

"Bold of you to show up at practice", a voice yelled from the other corner of the ice rink as I dropped my bag and my white skating shoes on the bench.

I saw the figure glided over towards me, "I miss you at school", she said.

"Yeah, right, Peri", I scoffed and sat down to put on my skating shoes, "I do Elsㅡ you know I love you", she laughed as she glided off the ice and sat next to me.

"Whatever", I busied myself looking down to tighten the shoelaces on my shoes. "Come on, is that how you greet your rival? You're no fuㅡ", suddenly cat got her tongue as I lifted up my face looked into her eyes.

"What?", I rolled my eyes, "First time seeing someone this miserable?", I smiled from the corner of lips but her mouth just dropped.

"Elsa, what happened?", she said as she moved closer, "You're notㅡ"

"What? I'm not myself? Yeah, I know that, somebody already told me that today", I laughed as I stood up moving to the ice as I skated away from her.

"What is up with you? Red and swollen eyes? Swollen cheeks? Your hair isn't in the right perfect french braid style! Well, not that I'm saying I'm jealous of your hair or whatever", she followed me as she jumped on the ice.

I stopped and turned around and face her, "Listen carefully, Periwinkle", I said almost emphasizing on her name, "Just mind your business", I felt my eyes getting hotter and more watery but I tried hard enough not to let the tears wet my cheeks.

She gulped and she skate away after she gave me a nod. I let out a long sigh as I could see my own breathe.

Calm down, you can't lose your chance to win just because you're sad. Don't let the emotion get into you.

I glided faster and faster circling around the ice rink ready to make a jump, but before I even do the jump I tripped; by my own foot.

"Elsa!", I hear Periwinkle shouted from the bench and skated towards me as fast as she can. I tried not to feel the pain, the pain from the one thing I love. The ice betrayed me.

Is this what it feels to be betrayed?
You're just being too dramatic, Elsa

"Are you okay?", she gave me her hand but I just slapped it off and tried to stand up by own feet, "I said mind your own business, Peri", I glided away from her.

Maybe I'm just too hard on myself.
Let's try another move.

I tried to skate again and do a spin, the most easiest spin that I could do with my eyes closed and I had never failed doing this spin since I was like 10.

I glide again and tried to speed up my pace, I felt the cold air stinging my skin but I didn't care. I glide faster as I go aroumd the sky rink, I could feel my body became lighter.

This is it, this is the time to do the spin. I tried to inhale the air as much as my lungs could handle and crossed my arms ready to spin.

I spinned once, twice, third, but suddenly the blade from my own shoes rubbed against each other making me lost my balance.

Again, I faced the cold ice against my skin as I laid down there feeling the bruise on my knee. This time I could hear Peri gasped but she decided not to come near me as I said.

What is wrong with you? Get ahold on yourself!

I felt the liquid from my eyes dripped and wet my cheeks.

Are you gonna let yourself cry? After you fell twice? Get up! Puh-lease, you're such a baby!

I heard how my thoughts screaming but my body couldn't bare the pain in my chest. I got up and skate again.