Chapter 1 (The Maze Runner)

Amy's P.O.V.

Am I dreaming? Is this real? Where am I? I opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. What the hell... I looked to be in a box? I turned left and saw a girl lying next to me. She hadn't woke yet I guess. I looked down at the clothes I was wearing and I saw that I was wearing a faded green crop top, black skinny jeans with rips in the knees and black boots.

I tried so hard to remember what happened and what I am doing here but only one thing came to mind.

My name is Amy.

Suddenly the box moved upward a little and jerked to a stop. The bright sun was shining in my eyes as I tried to shield them with the back of my hand.

I took my hand away from my face and heard a voice from outside of the box.

"Holy.." A boys's voice said. He had a bit of a British accent. I looked up and saw two boys standing there. One had blonde hair and the other had dark skin and short black hair. "No way," They both looked shocked to see.us in the box. What, have they never seen girls before?

Then a whole bunch of noise erupted throughout the place. There's more? How many? Where are we?

"Hold on!" the dark-skinned boy yelled, silencing the crowd. "Just hold on!"

"Well, what's wrong?" another boy asked. The dark-skinned boy stood up and said, "Three newbies in two days. Now this. Two years, nothing different, now this." He looked at someone out there that I couldn't see. "What's going on here, Greenie?"

Greenie? What does that mean?

"How am I supposed to know?" another boy answered.

"Why don't you just tell us what the shuck is down there, Alby?" a boy asked. Everyone started talking again. I remained silent and confused. Not quite sure what is going on.

"You shanks shut up!" the dark-skinned one, who's name is supposedly Alby, yelled. "Tell 'em Newt."

The blonde haired one, Newt, looked down at us once more before facing towards them.

"There's two." he said.

"Two what?" someone asked.

"Girls. There's two girls." Newt said. Everyone erupted into conversations again.

"Two girls?"

"I got dibs!"

"What'd they look like?"

"How old are they?"

I was beginning to get a headache from the noise. Newt shushed them.

"That's not bloody half of it," he pointed down towards the other girl. "I think one if 'ems dead."

Minutes later of silence, two boys came of with ropes and lowered Alby and Newt into the box. Alby looked at me, but the look on his face was indescribable. He looked like he knew me or something, but then shook it off.

First they lifted the girl, who appeared to be dead, out of the box. Then me. When I reached the surface, I collapsed onto the ground. My legs felt like jello. I was quickly helped up by one of the boys and stood up straight.

I looked around to take in my surroundings. Boys. Boys. Boys. Everywhere. One caught my eyes though. He had short brown hair and brown eyes. Something felt familiar about him.

The boys set the girl down near a rock and Alby and Newt came out of the box to look at the girl.

"Greenie, get over here." Newt said, pointing at the familiar looking boy. The boy walked over and stood next to Newt, who still remained crouched down. He glanced nervously at me as he passed.