Chapter 5

Amy's P.O.V.

The next morning I found myself walking along side Thomas to the Homestead for the Gathering.

"What do you think's gonna happen?" I asked, tucking my bangs behind my ears. Thomas looked at me as I spoke but kept walking.

"I don't know. Hopefully they don't banish us like they did Ben. That was probably the most painful thing I've ever watched. The look on his face was just...horrifying." he said.

"I know what you mean. It really upset me to see him so upset to go in the maze." I said. "But don't worry too much, Tom. Minho says that he won't let them banish us."

He looked me with a raised eyebrow.

"Minho told you this?" He asked. I nodded. "When?"

"Yeasterday, me and Minho were in the Dead Heads kiss-  um talking, yeah. And he told me that he wouldn't let anything like that happen to me. Or you." I explained, blushing a little from the little piece of information that I almost gave away. But that just gained his attention even more.

"Wait, what were you just about to say before you said you were talking?" He asked with an amused grin. I gulped.

"Uh, I have no Idea what you're talking about. I didn't say anything." I said.

"Oh really, because I distinctly remember you saying, and I quote, "Me and Minho were in the Dead Heads kiss" he said, still wearing that shit-eating grin. My cheeks immediately heated up and I avoided eye contact.

"Oh my god!" He yelled. Then he got closer and whispered. "You made out with Minho?"

"Oh wow! Would you look at that. We're here! Let's go inside." I said hurrying inside the Homestead.

"This conversation isn't over!" He called out. When I got in there all of the Keepers were sitting in a circle of chairs. I spotted Minho and he gave me a wink and a small smile. I returned it and sat in a chair along with Thomas who sat next to me.

"In place of our leader, sick in bed, I declare this Gathering begun." Newt started. "As you all know, the last few days have been bloody crazy, and quite a bit seems centered around our Greenbeans, Tommy and Amy, seated before us."

All eyes were on us and my face flushed with embarrassment. I looked at Thomas to find him in a similar state.

"They're not Greenies anymore." Gally spoke up. "They're just rule breakers now."

Everyone started whispering to each other about us and Gally's comment. Newt quickly shushed them.

"Gally, try to keep some buggin' order, here. If you're gonna blabber your shuck mouth every time I say something, you can go ahead and bloody leave, because I'm not in a very cheerful mood." Newt said.

Gally sat in his chair with his arms crossed and a scowl on his face. I almost laughed out loud but I didn't want to get into any more trouble.

"Glad we got that out of the way. Reason why we're here is because almost every lovin' kid in the glade has come up to me in the last day or two either boohooing about Thomas and Amy or beggin' to take their bloody hand in marriage. We need to decide what we're gonna do with 'em."

Gally leaned forward in his seat as if he was about to speak, but Newt stopped him.

"You'll have your chance, Gally. One at a time. As for you two, Tommy and Amy, you're not allowed to say a buggin' thing until we ask you to. Good that?" Newt said. We both nodded. "Zart the Fart, you start." I giggled slightly at the name.

"Well, I don't know. They broke one of our most important rules. We can't just let people think that's okay. But then again, they've. . . changed things. Now we know we csen survive out there, and that we can beat the Grievers." Zart said.