Chapter 10

Amy's P.O.V.

"What the hell just happened?" I asked as they stared down at me. Newt answered.

"Well, after the bloody Crank shot you and Tommy, these people came down in a Berg and took you and Tommy away for a while. Tommy says they fixed you up."

As he explained, I lifted up my shirt and examined where the bullet wound would have been. I was surprised to find it all stitched up and not painful at all.

"Where's Tom?" I asked.

"I'm right here." He said, coming into view. I sighed in relief that he was okay. I looked at Minho who had been quiet the entire time.

"What's wrong with you, Minho?" I asked him. He looked up at me with pained eyes.

"What's wrong with me is that you managed to scare the klunk out of me for the second time." He said, then in a lower voice he said, "I thought I had lost you again."

It took all I had not to go up to him right now and hug him. As much as my heart wanted me to, I knew I couldn't. I still hadn't forgiven him and the others for what they had done.

"Well, I'm fine now." Was all I had said, but that didn't seem like it was enough for him to believe I was really okay.

"Well, if we're done with that, Tommy, why don't you tell Amy what you told us." Newt said. Everyone turned their attention to Thomas.

He sighed and began telling me everything. About the killzone patterns and Candidates. The Variables.

"So, they watch us while we're here too? That's how they knew that you were hurt and i was about to die." I said, they nodded. "So they must have beetle blades running around then."

"That's what I was thinking." Minho finally spoke, causing my head to snap in his direction. "There's no other way that they can spy on us. Not unless they've rigged this whole shuck city with cameras."

"But, I don't get it." I started. "Why did they save me and Tom, but not you guys?"

"Does it bloody matter? You're alive and still with us. You should be thanking those shanks for not leaving you for dead, no matter how messed up they are." Newt said, putting a hand on my shoulder and giving me a small smile.

"I guess,  but still, something isn't right."

When everyone was talking amongst themselves, I heard a voice in my head that was definitely not Thomas.

Amy, I'm so sorry for  what I've done. But you must know, it wasn't me. They're controlling me. I had no choice. And I'm sorry for I will do tomorrow. Just know, that its not me.

-----

I've been up all night, not being able to sleep.

Who was talking to me in my head? And what  she mean when she said she's sorry for what she'll do tomorrow?

My thoughts were interrupted by someone sitting next to me. Minho.

"Hey," I said quietly.

"Hey," he said. "Can't sleep either?"

I shook my head.

Silence.

"I'm sorry." He said, breaking the silence.

"I'm sorry for not believing you back in the Glade. For Banishing you. For everything. Im sorry." He said, a tear slipping down his cheek. I looked at him dead in the eye. He was really sorry.

"I know you are. I know you all are. But its not that easy to forget, Minho. I can't forgive you that easily."

" I know. I just wanted you to know that I was sorry for what I did to you. And I get that you can't forgive us right  now. I wouldn't either."

I grew silent for a while until he spoke again.

"You know, we all thought you were dead." He said. "Once we saw that Griever behind you, we gave up hope. When we got to the building before the trials started, I saw your file. It said that you were deceased. Thats when I really knew you were gone. You don't know how happy I was to see that you were alive."

"I wanted to die." I said. This made him look at me. "I tried to kill myself in the Maze. I wasn't trying to escape the Maze or the Griever when I jumped through the Griever Hole. I was trying to escape life.I had figured that i had nothing left to live for."

He had been silently crying next to me as I spoke.

"And you know what I realized when I had woken up today? I realized that maybe that wasn't my time yet. Maybe I had something to live for just a little bit longer."

We sat there just enjoying each others presence. I was thinking about life back  the Glade.

"Where's Chuck and Alby?" I asked. I missed my  brother, no matter what he had done. "I haven't seen them the while time I've been here."

He just gave me a said look.

"Amy..."

I looked down.

"They're dead aren't they? My Brother's dead." I said. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me closer to him as I silently started crying.

"I'm so so sorry Amy. It wasn't supposed to happen. They both died trying to save us back in the Maze when we were leaving."

"Its fine. There was nothing that you could do."

That's it. I'm alone again. My only family I had left Is dead.

"Hey, Amy, can I see your tattoo again?"

I nodded and pulled my shirt down from my shoulders. He gently traced the lines with his fingers as he studied the words.

"That's weird." He said.

"What?" I asked confused.

"It changed." He said. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Changed to what?"

"Youre not The Betrayed anymore." He said. Well, I can understand that I  didn't really feel betrayed anymore. I just felt alone.

"Well what am I now?"

"Now it says you're The Omega."

------

It was morning. Or evening or whatever. We had picked up on our journey to the Safe Haven.

I had been walking beside Thomas while Newt and Minho were up front.

Tom? I said in my mind. He looked  at me before answering.

Yeah?

Last night I heard a girl's voice in my head.

Yeah, me too.

Did she tell  you that something bad was going to happen today.

Yeah, she did. What'd you think she means?

I don't know, but its obviously nothing good.

We had reached a slope but stopped once we had seen someone emerge from behind it.

A girl appeared holding a long shaft with a blade attached to it and  scowl in her face.

It was Teresa.

------------------------

Hello Shanks!

How'd you like it?

Sorry for the shortness. I wanted to continue on another chapter.

Comment and Vote for updates!!