Chapter 8 (The Scorch Trials)

This story continues on starting from the beginning of The Scorch Trials and may skip a few things to get to the point.

Minho's P.O.V.

We made it. We made it out of the Maze. I guess we were pretty smart after all. I remember that conversation we had back in the Glade when Thomas was telling us what he remembered.

Flashback

"I can't remember anything about my family or what happened to them. But after we were taken, we spent the next few years learning in special schools, living somewhat normal lives until they were finally able to finance and build the Maze. All our names are just stupid nickmames they made up - like Alby for Albert Einstein, Newt for Isaac Newton, and me --Thomas. As in Edison. And.... Amy for Amelia Earhart."

"Our names . . . These ain't even our real names?" Alby asked.

"As far as I can tell, we'll probably never know what our names were." Thomas said.

"What are you saying?" Frypan asked. "That we're freakin' orphans raised by scientists?"

"Yes. Supposedly we're really smart and they're studying every move we make, analyzing us. Seeing who'd give up and who wouldn't. Seeing who'd survive it all. No wonder we have so many beetle blade spies running around this place. Plus, some of us have had things . . . alter our brains."

Flashback over

Nothing makes shuck sense anymore. Gally goimg crazy and killing Chuck. The Creator's. The Flare.

And one thing has been haunting my mind rhia entire time. I keep seeing her smile, her laugh, her eyes. Everywhere. I miss her like hell. We made it out and she couldn't even be alive to see it.

---

We stood rather right outside of Teresa's door while Thomas tried opening it. None of this makes sense. Why won't she just open the door. I never trusted her.

Thomas reached for the door but stoppes when he noticed a sign on the wall next to the door. There was a piece of paper hanging on it. It read:

Teresa Agnes, Group A, Subject A1

The Betrayer

Thomas started at the piece of paper. I snapped my fingers in front of his face.

"Hello? Calling Thomas? Not a good time to daydream. Lots of dead bodies, smells like Frypan's pits. Wake up." I said.

"Sorry. Just thought it was weird that Teresa's last name was Agnes."

"Who cares about that? What's this freakin' stuff about her being the Betrayer?" I said.

"And what's Group A Subject A1 mean?" Newt asked. We ignored him and continued looking at the paper. I noticed there was another paper under it.

"Guys, look. There's another paper under it." I said. Thomas puller Teresa's paper to the side and sure enough, there was another paper. But this one made us all freeze. It read:

Amy Martin, Group A, Subject A8

The Betrayed (Deceased)

We didn't need to ask why her nickname was The Betrayed when it was clear as day. We betrayed her. Except for Thomas, Teresa, and Chuck. We all let her die because we decided to believe some stupid shank.

The worst part was the deceased part. That made it all seem so real. She's gone and she's not coming back.

------