Chapter 12

Amy's P.O.V.

Thomas turned around and looked at us in disbelief.

"Wasn't so bad, when you think about it." Minho said. "More than half of us made it here. Looks like even more of the girlie group. And we picked up a few friends on the way." He said, looking at me.

"The Flare turn you crazy already? Yeah, we got here. Safe and sound. To a stick."

"Tom, they wouldn't send us here for no reason. We made it in the time they gave us. Now we just wait until the clock ticks down and sonething'll happen." I said.

"That's what worries me." Thomas said.

"Hate to say it, " Teresa said " but I agree with Thomas. After everything they've done to us, it'd be way too   easy  to have a little sign here, and then they come get us in a nice helicopter as a reward. Something bad's gonna happen."

"Whatever you say traitor." Minho said.

"Yeah, Teresa you really shouldn't be talking right now because I'd be more than happy to punch you in the face again." I said. She looked taken back by my words. I walked away with Minho to Newt.

We sat on the ground and said nothing to each other. A few minutes.later, Thomas joined us and sat by Newt, starting a conversation with him.

I had been doing a lot of thinking over these past few days and I think I should say it.

"I forgive you." I said, to Minho who looked taken back by my words.

"W-what?" He asked. I smiled at him.

"I forgive you, Minho. I realized that no matter how much of a slinthead you were, I can't stay mad at you forever." I said. He grinned from ear to ear.

"I knew you couldn't resist this." He said, gesturing to his body making me laugh.

"Of course Minho. You're just too irresistible to ignore." I joked, rolling my eyes. "I missed you shuck face."

He looked me in the eyes and smiled.

"I missed you too, more than you can imagine." He said, whispering the last part. We both started leaning in, but he stopped when he saw something over my shoulder.

"What's that!" He shouted, jumping to his feet and pointing ahead.

I turned to look as sections of the ground opened up and up came dozens of white pods.

I quickly stood up and grabbed Minho's hand.

Wind began to blow furiously throughout the pod. A storm was coming.

We walked over to Thomas and Teresa.

"So, what do we do?" Minho asked Thomas.

"If those things have bloody Grievers in 'em, we best start gettin' ready to fight the shuck buggers." Newt said.

"What're you guys talking about?" Harriet said as her and Sonya approached.

"Oh, great." Minho said. "The two queens of glorious Group B."

"I'm assuming you all saw those pods back in your WICKED chamber, too. They had to be where the Grievers charged up or whatever it was they did." Harriet said, ignoring Minho's comment.

"Yeah, gotta be that." Newt said.

I checked the time in my watch.

"We've only got twenty-five minutes. We're either gonna be fighting Grievers or we need to get inside those big coffins at the right time. Maybe they're the--"

A sharp hiss cut through the air from all directions. Suddenly all of the coffin lids popped off and fell to the ground.

My grip on Minho's hand tightened.

Tom? I said in my mind.

Yeah?

Someone should go take a look. See what's in it. Let's go together.

Sometimes you have the worst ideas. He said sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"Thomas!" Minho called out.

"What?" Thomas said.

"You, me, Newt and Amy! Let's go check it out!"

We were just about to move when sometr slipped out of a pod. A slimy monster emerged from the pod slowly.

"What is that thing?" Mimho asked.

Before anyone could answer, monsters came from each pod, surrounding the area we stood in.

They each had bulbs all over they're bodies.

In unison, they all raised their arms and pointed them to the sky. Silver blades shooting outof their arms.

Minho looked at me before squeezing my hamd and facing the croud.

"There's about one for each of us! Grab whatever you got for a weapon!"

I took out my bow and arrow and readied it, aiming at my chosen apponent.

I released the arrow, making the first move out of the croud and it went flying to a monster, knocking one of the bulbs out.

"Now!" Minho yelled at the others. "Charge them!"

Everyone with knives charged the monsters while the archers stayed back and shot at the monsters.

One by one, popping the bulbs. I had  one down already. I saw Minho off into the distance fighting a monster.

"Minho!" I yelled. He turned to me quickly. "Pop the bulbs!"

He turned back around and started jabbing at the monsters bulbs.

Thunder and lightning started rippling through the air as rain poured down on us. The lightning began striking too close to us.

Tom?! Where are you?!

We're in a pod. Get in a pod!

So, I went and ran over to Minho, who had just killed the monster.

"Come on! We have to get in a pod!" I said. Newt saw us running to a pod and joined us, followed by Frypan.

We all jumped in the pod and closed it  behind us. Ir was really wet and sticky inside but it didn't matter.

We waited quietly as the lightning hit nearby and jumped slightly as it touched next to us.

I looked at my watch.

"We only have thirty seconds left." I announced.

"Maybe we should look outside and see if something changed." Newt suggested. We nodded and all pushed the lid together off of us.

We pushed it off just in time to see a Berg drop down and slowly start to open.

I caught a glimpse of Thomas, Teresa, Jorge and Brenda running to the berg.

"Come on! Run!" Thomas shouted. I grabbed Minho's hand and took off running for the Berg.

We were blocked by the last few monsters.

"Go right through 'em!" He yelled. I let go of Minho's hand and started shooting with my bow and arrow.

When the last of  them died we  took off to the now rising ship.

"It's leaving! Hurry!"

We burried up and leaped onto the ship, barely making it. I looked at Minho who was looking at me and pulled him into a hug.

"We made it."

----------------------
Hiiiiiiiii

How'd you like it?!

I know it's moving a little fast but I'm going to be going into the death cure pretty soon.

Please comment and vote!