Chapter 13

Amy's P.O.V.

"We made it." I breathed out as I clung to Minho.

"Who are these two people?" A man's voiced boomed through the berg. We turned around to see a man with short red hair pointing a pistol at Brenda and Jorge.

"Somebody answer me!" He yelled when no one said anything.

"They helped us get through the city--we wouldn't be here if it weren't for them." Thomas said. The man snapped his head towards Thomas.

"They tooked me in when I had no place to go." I said.

"You . . . picked them up along the way?"

"We made a deal with them. Promised they'd get the cure, too. We still have fewer people than we started with." Thomas said.

"Doesn't matter." The man said. "We didn't say you could bring citizens!"

Thomas stood up. "Well, you told us to come here, and we did what we had to do!"

"Sometimes I forget how little you people understand what's going on. Fine, you can keep one of 'em. The other goes."

My eyes grew wide as I broke away from Minho.

"What do you mean . . . the other goes?" I asked. The man held the gun closer to Brenda's head.

"We don't have time for this! You have five seconds to choose the one who stays. Don't choose and they both die. One."

"Wait!" Thomas shouted. I looked at Brenda and Jorge who just stared at the floor.

"Two."

Thomas closed his eyes for a second, thinking over his choice.

"Three."

"Four!" The man said, face redening. "Choose right now or they both die!"

Thomas opened his eyes and pointed at Brenda and saud, "Kill her. "

Without another word, the man put away his pistol and started dragging Brenda away towards the hatch of the berg.

When they were half way there Thomas ran forward and talked the guy to the ground, making his gun slide away. I ran for the gun and grabbed it, immediately pointing it at the guy's head. Thomas jumped up and joined my side.

"No one else dies. If we haven't done enough to pass your stupid tests, then we fail. The tests are over." Thomas said sharply. The guy gave a small smile and sat up.

"My name's David."he said.

"We don't give a shit who the hell you are. We just want to leave." I snapped, still aiming the gun at him. He looked at me and gave me a small smile as well.

"Don't worry, you're right. It's over. It's all over."

"Yeah, we've heard that before. This time we mean it. We're nit going to sit back and let you treat us like rats anymore." Thomas said. David slowly got to his feet.

"What you don't understand is that everything has gone and will continue to go as planned. But you're right, the Trials are complete. We're taking you to a place of safety--- a real pace of safety. No more tests, no more lies, no more setups. No more pretending."

"I can only promise one thing." He continued. "When you hear why we've put you through this, and why it's important that so many of you survived, you'll understand. I promise you'll understand."

"That's the biggest bunch of klunk I've ever heard in my life." Minho snorted.

"And what about the cure? We were promised. For us and the two who helped us get here. How can we believe anything you tell us?" Thomas asked.

"Think what you want for now," David said. "Things will change from here out, and you'll get the cure, just like you were told. As soon as we get back to the headquarters."

"You can keep that gun, by the way--we'll even give you some more, if you'd like." He said, looking at me.

"Yeah, that be great." I smirked. "More guns so I can shoot your asses if you try anything."

"They'll be nothing else for you to fight against, no tests or trials to ignore our refuse. Our Berg will land, you'll see that you're safe and cured and then you can do what you want. The only thing we'll ever ask you to do again is listen. Only listen. I'm sure you're at least intrigued by what's behind ask this?"

"No more games."Thomas said.

"First sign of trouble,"Minho adds."We start fighting. I'll even let Amy put a bullet in your head. Maybe I'll let her shoot you with an arrow instead. Doesn't matter. If that means we die, then so be it."

"You know that's exactly what we predicted you'd do at this point." David smiled, then gestured to the cargo hold. " Shall we?"

"What's next on the bloody agenda?" Newt asked.

"Just thought you'd like to eat something, maybe take a shower. Sleep. It's a very long flight."

We all exchanged a few glances with each other and decided to follow.

----

As the hours went by I was completely exhausted. I guess that's what running through the Scorch will do to you.

I had been lounging on one of the sofas that they had in here. I guess it was pretty comfy. What I would give for a real bed right now though.

"Tired?" Someone asked, taking a seat beside me on the sofa.

"You have no idea. I haven't slept in days, Minho." I said, snuggling into his side. He chuckled and put an arm around me.

"Yeah, I'm about ready to collapse ant second too." He said, yawning softly.

"Minho?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think that this is really over?" I asked.

"No. I don't believe a word those shanks say." He said.

"Me neither."

----

A few hours later Minho had woken me up.

"Amy, babe! Wake up!" He yelled. I opened my eyes and sat up.

"What? What happened?" I said, reaching for my gun, but it wasn't there.

"They took your gun and all our weapons. But that's not the point. They took Thomas."

------------------------------

Hi guys!

How'd you like this chapter?

The next chapter will be starting with The Death Cure.

Comment and Vote!!