19.

*Niall's POV*

It's been a week and yesterday Gigi finally talked to him and gave him his closure? I don't know me and Gigi haven't talked since then but he seems numb about everything. He's been staying out later. He just seems numb to it all.

I got on the elevator and I saw him walking to it and he got on.

"How are you feeling today?" I asked him.

"Better, I guess I feel better because she finally contacted me but-" He said and the elevator shook and he sighed sitting down.

I sat down with him. "But it's still hard to handle. She was out here for a reason I guess, you live and you learn. It's sad that she couldn't be the one though. I'm tired of crying." He said and I scooted  closer to him and he leaned against me putting his head on my shoulder.

"I'm thankful for you. You've been a big help." He said.

"I literally don't know what to do. I've just been really making you tea." I said and he laughed.

The first time in a week that I've heard him laugh.

"It's been helping though. It's better than smoking or drinking. I just can't bring myself to do either, it was for stress but i stopped because it wasn't helping. I was just doing it to do it and so I stopped." He said.

"Well that's good, truth be told. You gave up a bad habit in the mist of the storm. That's strong of you." I said.

"I guess." He said.

It was quiet in the elevator. "How was work?" I asked him.

"Good. For the most part. I feel like it's been a good type of distraction for me in this time." He said.

"Well that's good." I said and it was quiet again.

It was quiet for a while. You couldn't even hear us breathe. I was tired and I was kind of drifting off.

"It's so cold Niall. In the bed it's so cold. I've been sleeping on the couch but it hurts being there. I've slept without her time and time but it's different because that was a choice. It's not a choice anymore." he said.

"If you want-" I said and I stopped myself because I feel like I knew the answer.

He picked his head off his shoulder. "What?" He asked.

"If you want tonight you can stay with me. It's already late." I said and there was a brief silence.

"Okay." He said and leaned back against me. "I really appreciate the comfort."

"It's really no problem." I said and I was about to hold his hand but the lights came on.

I stood helped him up. It was quiet in the elevator for a while until it reached my floor. "I'll be down in just going to get ready for bed and put on something to sleep in." He said and I nodded.

I walked to my door and unlocked it. I wonder if he wants to watch a movie before we go to bed. I blushed. I never thought I'd say that. Ugh. I shook my head smiling. Umm I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth and straightened up the living room. I went and changed into some pajamas and put on some tea  I heard a knock at the door and I went and opened it for him.

"Wanna watch a movie first?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure." He said and he crossed his legs sitting on the on the couch and I made his tea and brought him the mug.

"Thank you, again." He said and I nodded.

I sat down pulling my legs up and laid them on the side of me and used the remote to put something on.