four

G I L L I G A N

I'm so fucking scared. I mean, there is no way in hell I'm going to let Camilla or the population of the school see that, but for the second time today I am currently trying not to piss myself due to a certain Latina girl with a violent attitude.

"I'm going to the arena tonight," Camilla said growls through clenched teeth. "You coming?"

This obviously is not directed at me, but at Taylor, who frowns. "Who's going to watch-"

"Mom. Obviously," Camilla interrupts.

"What?" I ask, utterly confused. I lean forward, trying to remind them that I am, indeed, still here. 

"None of your fucking business," Camilla spits, sounding like she's restraining herself from choking me.

"You don't want your mother to watch her, Cami," Taylor whispers, her voice light as a feather.

Camilla groans, one of her eyebrows flicking up with anger. "I know. I'll take her with me. You can watch her when I'm up."

What the fuck is happening?

"Are you sure you want to go tonight? You have a match this Friday and you might be sore, and I don't think that would work out well for-"

"I'm sure, Tay. I need to put all this fucking anger-" Camilla glances at me with all the irritation of the Devil -"on something that I won't get expelled for."

Taylor sighs. "Alright, I'll come. What time are you going to pick me up?"

"Eight."

Taylor nods, but I can tell she's worried about Camilla. Her fingers are twisting at the handle of her lunch box. 

The lunch bell rang, and Camilla got up fast. "I'm going home. See you at eight, Taylor." I almost point out there's still four hours left of school, but decide that I'd rather not risk a broken nose. 

I open my mouth to say bye to Camilla, to try to be a decent person, but before I can even open my mouth, she glares and says, "Fuck off, Gilligan."

Camilla spin around and leaves, the storm cloud above her head producing thunder and lightning.