03| Terrace And Talking.

It was weird how he made me feel, on top of the world in a second and like a piece of trash in the other.

Sometimes I hated how he could conquer me through his mere gaze, how he could bring out an entirely unfamiliar part of me through his indirect gestures that saw nothing but him, that felt nothing but just him.

It did not seem okay to me most of the times how I detached myself from the entire world I understood so well just for his sake, just to feel him by my side.

Like it was insane how I felt so happy and joyous just at the fact that he had brought Coke home when it was not even clear if it was really for me.

I could never be certain about anything when it came to him. I had no clue why he had to be so mysterious in his ways, why he had to express so many things to me but always through someone and never directly to me.

I did not understand what would go wrong if he just comes and speaks what is up in his mind for real.

He only did eccentric things that made me believe he was into me, but at the same time made me doubt my own belief.

It was scary, the knowledge of him not feeling the same, the thought of his eyes not meaning the same, yet I had my heart ready to lose to him every damn time.

"What makes you muse now?" Daniya questioned in a casual tone, looking up at me.

"Nothing." I shrugged, calling out the thoughts in my brain. They made me restless unnecessarily.

"You are so strange." She commented, grimacing. "You were all smiles a few minutes ago and now your face looks brooding and sad."

I guffawed. "Im okay. Dont you think you care too much when Im at your place?"

"This is hospitality." She answered, clicking her tongue. "Tell me what happened?"

"Stop it. Im okay; dont make me consider it another way round." I put pretence in my reply. "You tell me what keeps you so engaged with him?"

She goofily smiled at that. "He is fun. Flirts well."

"Dont fall in love with him", I warned her and she scrunched.

"I only love Hamza. Dont dare start a lecture though." She huffed.

"People these days." I playfully taunted, glancing at the cloudy, inky sky, lit by a few stars here and there.

"Im enjoying my life at least unlike you who cant even talk to her crush." She fought back, defensive. "I dont wanna die a saint."

"Oh, arguing are we?" I snickered, folding my hands around myself as a cold gush of wind blew across. It made me feel pleasant instantly. There was nothing more alive and gay than winter nights, and I loathed how underrated the season was.

"He is calling." She shot up at me and I waited for what she wanted me to do about that. "I wont be able to talk in front of you. Id laugh."

"So?" I raised my eyes. I did not like how committed people ignored their friends when at the end they had to come back crying. I was overjoyed that she did not have a full-time boyfriend because I could not even imagine how much she would make me compromise because of him.

"Id run to my room?" She spoke out to me awkwardly as I glared at her not so fondly.

"You mean I stay here in this terrace gallery of yours and admire the moon?" I piped in. My voice was all sarcastic.