26| Let's Talk Business.

"I'd rather pay for them than beg that dick to help me." Kabir answered to my request quite snobbishly.

"You being an ass right now." I reminded him, scrunching my nose.

"An ass?" He exclaimed.

"You know we gotta put aside our egos and work." I tried to convince him to go and talk to Arsalan because I was not interested even a percent to give my heart any sort of ache anymore. I was too tired mentally to deal with him and again.

"That's what you gonna do." He told me and I hissed. I put the pen down and got up too mad.

"You ask me for another favour and I'll tell you." I replied, picking up my night suit and going to the bathroom.

"You love me too much." He blatantly spoke, changing the topic. "Kunal called me today and he is planning a.."

@Kabirrr another year, another break up, another time the same reason

@Sithara to many more, to us🍺😏btw, wasn't i too chubby then???

I read and read the contract again and again, simultaneously marking the points that could defend us in the court.

"Hello?" I received the call from Ansh.

"Sithara, I have prepared the draft and sent it to you." He informed me, while I squinted my eyes to read clearer.

"Okay, thanks. I have the prayers in my mind, just got to type them. I'll do it all by tomorrow evening."

"That'd be fine. I hope I fill in your shoes properly." He mentioned timidly.

"Ugh, of course you would and do better, or just extend the date man, you know that's easy. I will be there in Delhi coming monday so no stress." I gave him a pep talk. He was my assistant and he hadn't handled many cases all by his own yet.

"Thanks, see you soon." He signed off.

"Yeah." I replied, shutting off the laptop and looking at the time. It was quater past ten and I had come at seven thirty.

I was too pissed off to just sit and wait any longer. I got up and stormed to the reception. "I'd be really obliged if you let me know when your boss would be meeting me. I have been waiting." I was as polite as I could be, keeping my face soft and humble.

Patience and being respectful were too things no lawyer could work without. I had an experience of working with so many people and the only thing that had helped always was being calm and nice to whosoever was there in front of you no matter what pain he had been.