28| Break, Bend And Shake.

okay, firstly thanks a lot, like no other book of mine ever got this much of attention lol so thank you. but having said that, i've become very insecure man..so let me see your honest reviews after this chapter..i swear i'd use them to make it better. so yeah♥️
make sure you have read the previous chapter.

28| Break, Bend And Shake.

"Kyun?Ab nahi hai mohobbat?"

I could hear my heart tear apart; break, bend and shake terribly as my mind slowly registered his words.

Out of all the things I had expected and imagined him to say and question this wasn't even near it. How could he even ask that? It was so absurd and more than that so meaningless.

All of a sudden I felt so occupied, so lost with numerous vivid thoughts clouding my head.

I couldn't hear the voices of them, I couldn't decipher the one that ordered me to slap him and let him be or the one that begged me to stay and know why would he ask that.

I couldn't differentiate or understand any but I could only help and gaze into his eyes that had softened too much.

I could spot the guilt fill them up, I could see immense immediate regret but I could also point at the spark of anticipation, the tiny twinkle of his eyes that reflected how the answer to this question was so important to him, to us.

For a second, without any warning, without any smart reason, without any need, I stopped being hard on myself and it kinda killed me more.

I just couldn't force myself to not trust him, I couldn't remind myself of what happened and what went wrong 'cause I chose to read what I wanted to from his eyes. I couldn't protect myself from the trap and I felt and I believed what I saw was what he felt for real.

The world did pause then, for just a minute but it did, and it was as if I had my heart go through all what it possibly could, from fear to frightening hope.

"Nafrat kehti hun usse main ab." God knew how my heart still ached for him, God knew how it loved him the same even with all the hatred but I knew I could not marr my self-respect. Arsalan had compelled me too much to do all what I could to be away from him.

He stared at me unfaltered but I could not do the same. I certainly could not break in front of him, neither he nor my honour deserved it.

"Itna zarur keh sakta hun ki uss nafrat par abhi tak yakeen nahi kar saki ho, tabhi mujhse nazrein nahi mila sakti, darti ho kahin galat nah sabit ho jao." I thought he must have been ashamed of the question he asked but his reply did astound me. It pierced right through my soul as I couldn't deny a bit of what he said.

"Maine kabhi nahi socha tha tum itne badtamez ho." I spoke brusquely, too annoyed by his response. He had no right to play with me again and I was shook by the audacity he had. He was still trying to trap, he was still trying to pull me in in someway or the other quite unabashedly.

"Ab pata hai tab bhi chand seconds se zyada mere sath nahi reh sakti..nahi yakeen nah apne aap pe, kya pata kab uss nafrat ko wapas mohobbat kehne lago." His words echoed in my ears and I felt breathless. I wasn't prepared for it nor did I had the courage to gather the strength needed to shut his mouth up.