31| Never Really Over.

"Hahah, no. No chilled grapes." I smiled at aunty as she prepared a plate of fruit salad for me.

"Hamza craves frozen grapes." Daniya commented, eating one. She was lazily sat on the chair in front of me with her legs sprawled on the table.

"Hamza also craves for you, I don't." I joked and she rolled her eyes, giggling a little.

"Umm, is the war over or what?" Aunty questioned, a little more attentive and interested.

"It is, I guess. She was talking to him all night." I answered before Daniya could.

"Nah, it is not. I'm still upset but I gotta talk, he is my husband." She shrugged her shoulders and I squinted my eyes at her.

"Haw." I laughed. "This is not the way she gets upset with me, she fights and at night she was toh being all romantic." I pulled her leg.

"Shut up." She bit her lip to appear less shy. "He was being sweet and I did tell him he really needs to make up for not meeting me."

"Okay, we have no option but to believe you." I rolled my eyes suspiciously at her and they fell back on Arsalan. The smile on lips vanished immediately and I looked down with a stoic face.

I knew things had changed, I knew he loved me, I knew I had told him I loved him more but still I wasn't comfortable yet. I was more mad and kinda sad.

It irked me how he thought he had the right to not let me talk to Kabir but at the same time he just picked his wife's call and left me all alone without asking me, without even making me feel warm enough to embrace the new truth of our life or without telling me that this time he was there to stay.

I didn't look up at him but instead ate my fruits, quietly brooding over what I was supposed to do.

"Good morning Ammi." He wished and patted her shoulder before sitting down  adjacent to Daniya.

I couldn't help but glance at him to not only know he was already waiting for me to do the same. I knew he did not greet in the morning, I knew it was just to catch my attention.

He just watched me with a blank face as if everything was normal and he was expecting some kind of response from me to affirm the same.

I took kiwi in my fork and put it in my mouth, heeding to what Daniya had to say. I was aware of two things, first that considering circumstances and reality of our life, I wasn't responsible to make any move. It was his duty to come and talk to me and let me know what was in his mind. And second, that I just knew that he read me too good and would come to me sooner or later to explain things to me.

"I swear, I used to change my direction seeing her. So much of pretence. I was like, Daniya tells me your house stories. Ya?" I added to the conversation.

"Aww." Aunty exclaimed. "I'm gonna miss you so much. Tell me the next time you are coming home?"

"I don't know myself." I gave her a small simper. "The schedule is so very hectic in Delhi that I cannot promise Mumma the next time I'm coming. Now, toh she has given up. She herself visits me."

I could feel Arsalan eyes burn at me for a proper justification to that. I tried to ignore but my phone beeped.

Arsalan
Here.

I looked up at him and he was already glaring at me, kind of confused, angry and disappointed that I did not tell him.

"Why did not you inform me before?" He mouthed and I gulped making sure nobody saw it. Aunty had gone to the kitchen and Daniya was talking to her mother-in-law on phone.