43| Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.

"Wait, nah." I snapped at Kabir for rushing unnecessarily. My dupatta had got stuck in my heels as I was getting out of the car.

He rolled his eyes, offering his hand. I took it, peaking at the fairy lights and the lamps decorating the garden. "Am I too dressed?"

"I guess." I hit his shoulder at the reply. "It's fine, it's a diwali party."

"But it is formal too nah." I responded. It was an inaugural meet for the 'Young and Successful India', a campaign that comprised of people from all over India who have left a mark at their early age and who were an epitome already and were ready to serve their country in all ways possible.

The first segment of the mission was about 'the press and media freedom' which was starting the coming monday. The evening was basically about letting each other know to everyone.

"You must have thought before obeying Poorva." I chuckled. She had decided my outfit. "Especially these heels." She was crazy for heels and I was wearing one of hers.

He held my hand firmer in irritation as I walked too slow to maintain a balance for his liking. "Swift, okay?" I giggled at his antique but my smile disrupted at his sight.

He pressed the key to lock his car and looked up, his eyes falling no where but at me.

He was just stood there all blank and expressionless that it seemed that he was not even trying to stare at me but his eyes were just there stuck with me and he didn't have the engery to roll them or to care too much.

He finally moved his head towards his car as I approached nearer and busied himself in adjusting the rear-mirror.

It was strange how I felt every ounce of pain that I couldn't even define every second at night, how I fought every night to figure out what my life was now, to peace out my heart, to not feel too heavy, to not get too engaged yet after every second that felt so hard to overcome I couldn't realise it had been five to months everything that had happened. Time was mysterious.

I took a heavy breath, taking my hand out of Kabir's. "This won't help, get over it. Enough." Kabir commented with a changed voice.

"Huh?" I peered at him a little aback and amiss.

"Dekha maine kaise dekh rahi thi." (I noticed how you were staring at him.) There was a taunt and I could hear it.

I did not say anything. I did not know if the way I gazed at him said anything in itself because I was just surprised to see him here, to see him after so long.

"Namaste." I put up a smile, greeting Mr. Ravish Kumar at the entrance. He was the man behind this concept and the one who took efforts to bring us all together for it. "A very happy Diwali."

"Happy Diwali but ironic how it will be happy only until Diwali." Kabir jested. It was still two days for the main night yet the mere thought of the air after it was scary and horrifying.

"I hope this time is better." I wanted to say more but I couldn't as Arsalan came in. I didn't expect him to be here but the conversation that followed let me know that he was funding a few causes.