23| Okay, Enough.

23| Okay, Enough.

@Sithara It's scary, what's happening is scary. The time when it was enough to teach in books and papers that it's important to save water has long gone by. It's time for action. Save water in ever way you can because every drop counts and because we do not want whole of India to turn into Tamil Nadu. The people are in pain, even in Chennai,the capital, starving for water.

Please sign the petition and donate to declare climate change as an emergency in India by the ministry of environment. (Link in bio.)

I typed off the last details of the contract on the laptop, my fingers almost numb and dead, my eyes tired and scorching due to all staring into the screen and the emotional drama I had.

I stretched my legs, keeping the laptop aside on the bed after sending the email to the firm.

I hated working from home during holidays but that was what you had to do if you needed more of them.

"Yes?" I spoke lazily over the phone to Kiara, my assistant in the NGO.

"I received a call from the Tata's office. They are ready to donate the amount for the medicine drive." She answered me precisely.

"Oh great." I collected the files and pushed them to the other edge of the bed. "Mail them all the information about the tour, the doctors and the stores we are purchasing the medicines from."

"I will by tomorrow morning." She told me and I murmured a thank you before hanging up.

I walked upto the balcony and pulled the glass door aside. The weather was too pleasant to just gaze at it from the bedroom.

The sky was painted in colours, violet, pink and blue, with the wind chilled and quick and the grass all green and heavy with dew.

"Stop it, Daniya. For God's sake." I laughed along with Daniya and Aunty.

"It was so embarrassing." Daniya made a crooked face. "You still exist?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes, watching Aunty look at me in pity and surprise.

"Okay, forget it but I am shook by the way." Aunty said it a little amazed. "Sithara ek sip bhi nahi liya hai Coke ka. You used to die for it." She emphasized.