Waffles

»»————- ☆ ————-««

The next morning, Jungkook woke up to find Taehyung sleeping on the floor, with his blanket and pillows piled on top of him. What.

Trying not to wake the boy, Jungkook sneaked over to the bathroom. Unfortunately, he kicked over the shelf and the lamp fell. Oof.

Taehyung's groans and shuffling blankets were heard. "How the-"

"You were drunk and I had to take you home nothing happened please go out and pretend this didn't happen!" Jungkook quickly said before rushing to the bathroom.

"Wait- I-" Taehyung got up from the floor to stop Jungkook, his bangs slightly covering his eyes. "Did I say anything weird yesterday."

"Uh, no. I don't think so." Jungkook lied as he escaped to the bathroom again. When he was done he came back to his room to find Taehyung holding Jungkook's phone.

"Um, excuse me? Privacy? Ever heard of that?" Jungkook snatched his phone away from the boy's hands.

"Jungkook, listen to me." Taehyung said in a serious tone as Jungkook double checked to see if Taehyung did anything weird to his phone.

"Did you touch anything on my phone?" Jungkook focused on the phone, completely ignoring Taehyung.

"Jungkook, god damn it." Taehyung shook the boy, who suddenly brought his attention to him. "Last night, I was planning to tell you something... but you took so long I thought you weren't coming so I took shots."

Jungkook eyed him carefully. "So what is it that you wanted to tell me?"

"That... " Taehyung was about to continue, but then stopped.

"What.. what's wrong?" Jungkook placed his phone on the shelf, putting his full attention to Taehyung. "Is this something about me ruining the mission? I tried talking to my father as long as I can..."

"No, it's just... " Taehyung took a deep breath. "No matter what happens later, I'll be there for you okay? This will all be over soon."

The words made Jungkook worry even more. As if Taehyung knew something bad was about to happen.

"What's... going to happen to me?"

"I-I don't know."

For a while, there was an awkward silence between the two boys. Sigh, this is not going well.

"So you came all this way to comfort me?" Jungkook started.

Taehyung shrugged. "Yeah."

Jungkook nodded awkwardly, "Well, thanks, I guess." Though, he was still a little suspicious about this guy. "Does your boss know you're here?"

"No, he only checks my room at night." Taehyung replied as he added, "um, I probably need to go now."

Jungkook directed Taehyung to the front door... but then stopped him. "Or... do you want to grab some breakfast before you go?"

Taehyung's face lit up. "Really? I mean- sure, I know a good place!" He grabbed Jungkook by the wrist and tugged him out of his room.

"Woah, woah. I'm not even dressed yet, Tae-" Jungkook gasped, trying to catch up with Taehyung.

»»————- ☆ ————-««

"You do realize you're treating me breakfast today aren't you?" Jungkook watched as the waitress placed a huge stack of waffles on their table.

"Yeah, I know." Taehyung smiled as he took the first bite.

Jungkook reached in the basket to get a fork too, but then found out they were empty. "Dude, seriously? They're out of forks." He muttered as he raised his hand to call the waitress.