Lover

»»----- ☆ -----««

In these past few hours, Jungkook felt like his bond between Taehyung has strangely grown so fast. Suddenly, the two were comfortable with each other, sharing their own life stories, cheering each other up... and even to the point where they were able to lean on each other's shoulder.

The boys talked and talked until Jungkook had completely forgotten about the troubles they were in. At that moment, it almost felt like everything was okay. Just him and his friend Taehyung in a hotel. That's all.

Jungkook also noticed the ease in Taehyung eyes. How his brown eyes glowed when he talked and his boxy smile would spread as he spoke. It honestly relaxed the boy, encouraging him to open up to Taehyung.

Jungkook lost track of the time, realizing that it was already evening and his stomach was starting to feel hungry all over again. The boy's stomach grumbled.

Taehyung, who heard the boy's hunger, broke away from the conversation in realization. "You hungry, Jungkook?"

Jungkook nodded his head, revealing his bunny smile, "very."

And that's how the boys ordered spaghetti. Taehyung took the elevator down to pick it up.

Jungkook flopped on the bed, waiting for the boy. He breathed in a sigh of relief. Honestly, the boy has never had such a conversation like this with anyone. Not even his parents. Somehow, he felt safe, being in this boy's guidance.

Well... he thought too soon.

Taehyung came back with a bag on one hand, and... a wine bottle in the other.

"Don't even think about it kid. The red wine's for me. Sejin's gift to me."

The two sat down on the table and started to eat. Jungkook watched as Taehyung downed the wine like it was nothing.

"Bruh. Gimme some too." Jungkook eyed the glass of wine in his hand.

"Nah, I know you're not the type to handle this kinda stuff." Taehyung leaned his face on his hand, smiling smugly at Jungkook.

Jungkook narrowed his eyes, "I'm not a pussy. I can take that too okay."

Before Taehyung could say anything else, Jungkook took a sip of Taehyung's glass, wiping off Taehyung's smile.

"Shit. What the hell, do you even kno how much alcohol is in this?" Taehyung took the glass from Jungkook's hand. "And we have a mission tomorrow. Are you insane?"

Jungkook shrugged off cooly, "It's not that bad, Taehyung. See? I'm fine."

Taehyung scoffed in disbelief, "you don't even know." Though, part of Taehyung was a little surprised the boy didn't get drunk.

»»----- ☆ -----««

After dinner, Taehyung lied on the couch, facing the window with stars decorated in the sky.

Jungkook suspected that Taehyung must have gotten drunk and didn't want to show that side of him to Jungkook. So Jungkook followed him out just to check on him.

Taehyung's face glowed from the night sky. Jungkook could even see a tiny smile on his lips. The kind of smile Jungkook rarely saw. It was the smile of peace. Something Jungkook believed Taehyung had not felt in a long... long time. The emotion painted on the boy's face made him so pleasing to look at. Strangely, it gave Jungkook happiness.  A safe feeling.  

"Pretty, isn't it?" Taehyung started, breaking Jungkook's train of thought. Jungkook panicked, realizing that he must have been focused too much at Taehyung's visuals.