1

*Hyo Eun's view*

I slowly woke up due to someone shaking my body lightly. I knew her very well.

She opened the curtain, letting the sunlight dashed to my bedroom.

"Grandma, what time is it? ," I asked her, eyes still blinking a bit.

"Why would you ask that? Of course it is 6.30 a.m. now. So wake up dear ," she said to me sweetly, making me smile.

I obeyed what she told me to do. She held my hands, helping me to get up from my previous position.

"So darling, like always. Go take a bath as I make you your breakfast. But today, you're going to walk back home. My sister is working overseas since last night. I'm sorry I can't fetch you from the school to the bakery ," she talked again but sounding worried a bit this time.

I grinned at that, knowing that she really cares about me even though I'm not blood-related to her.

Yes. She is not my real grandmother. My real one already died because of lung cancer. I have never seen my real grandmother because she died when I was still in my mom's womb.

Actually, the real story of my life before was like this;

I was still 4 years old that time when my dad died in a car accident. Not to say that I'm a bad daughter but I blame my mom for it. She cheated on dad causing dad to have stress and took drugs.

Not too long after that, my mom married a guy who also had a daughter. Or should I say, an evil daughter.

We did live happily that time.

But, my stepsister kept picking up on me. She often said that I bullied her even though I didn't. I really hate her for that.

What could I do? I didn't want my mom to be heart broken. But what did I expect from my own mom.

There was one time that I really did not remember when because I was very, like very very young then. My stepfather who was already haunted by his daughter, told mom to leave me. So they asked me to join them to go to the funfair in the middle of the city.

I just told them to wait for me since I couldn't bear to hold myself from going to the toilet. When I got back, I did not see them at all. I looked for them everywhere until it was almost midnight.

I stopped by a convenience store and sat there. I cried loudly to myself, with everyone ignoring me. But not to a grandmother who passed by me because of her umbrella was left there.

She tried asking where did I live. How could I answer that? I was only around 8 years old .

She took me to her house, just a small but a comfortable one. She cooked me chicken porridge since she said I might catch a cold. It was because I was outside for a long time in only a short dress.

Grandma also offered me a help to find my parents although I said to her not to. She eventually gave up after a year because I kept on saying that I did not remember my mom's face.

I already knew that I was kind of stupid. I was just following what my heart said that time. When my heart said not to find my mom, then I thought I should not find her at all. I often daydream at my new school or should I say, I was not as cheerful as I have always been.

Suddenly, grandma's daughter and her husband brought their son to the small house. They said that they were going to Australia for about 2 years to have their second honeymoon and managing one of their company there.

They had a son, named Mingyu who was a bit older than me just by 2 years. He was the one who always looked after me when grandma was not at home. We went to school together and went home together too. He also accompanied me until I slept every night. I started to feel happy again because of him.

When we grew up together, I started to fall in love in him. He didn't know anything about it. I don't know if he felt the same. Just see at how he treated me.

But unfortunately, he just needed to go, leaving me behind. He promised me before he went away, that he would see me again.

But until the day that I was in highschool, I've never saw him anywhere. I just miss him so much.

Now, back to the reality.

I got myself out of the bed and snatched my towel beside the big drawer. As soon as grandma was out from my room, I fastened my pace towards the toilet.

I took a full bath before I brushed my teeth. I also washed my face, to freshen it up a bit since I was a bit tired.

I was done checking myself one last time before going out of my room.

I went out from my room and went straight to the kitchen. I saw grandma already sit there, waiting for me. She noticed me came to the kitchen and immediately poured my favourite hot cocoa to a small cup.

"Thanks for the food! ," I exclaimed in euphoric, making my grandma smiled spontaneously.

She cooked kimchi fried rice. This dish was really my taste because she was the one who made it. I ate in a polite and slow manner. There was still 20 minutes before the time I went to school.

Once I finished eating, I offered myself to wash the dishes.

"But I can do it myse- ," she tried to refuse but I interrupted her.

"Nope. I know you can. But you need your energy to manage the bakery later. Also, I think you might need to get ready to go there  ," I told her the same reasons, which were better than nothing.

She eventually gave up a minute later and went to her room to check her attire once again and remembered herself if there was thing that she might forgot.

I realized the time for me to go to the school. I called my grandma from her room.

I quickly hugged her and gave her a kiss on both cheeks.

"Be careful, dear. Make sure to eat at school ," she reminded me and I hummed in respond.

"Okay, grandma. I got to go. Bye! See you later! ," I retorted as I bid my goodbye to her.

As soon as I closed the front door behind me, I immediately sighed.

"How I wish there is no school today ," I whispered to myself, not wanting anybody to hear me.

I refrained myself a bit and started my journey to the school.

When I was walking down the street, I looked everywhere. From the people who were smiling whilst talking to each other, to the sky which was blue in colour. It was showing that the day was a good day.

"Maybe not for me ,"

"What's the thing that is not for you? ," a voice that was very familiar to me echoed.

I turned to him, showing my poker face like I always do.

"Nothing. Choi Yeonjun-ssi ,"

💙💛💙💛

Hi! So this is the 1st chapter. Hope you like it. I know the ending is so clichè af. Btw..don't forget to vote and comment!