Chapter 6

Chapter 6
The next day after school, Taron drove to y/n's house and they both got out. The inside of her house looked nice. Clean and organized. Y/n lead Taron to the kitchen table and they got out their stuff. No one was home quite yet. "So. I think we should do a charity with something to do with helping children. Like children's health maybe?"
"Ok yeah that sounds good. But do you mean physical health or mental?"
"I think mental. That seems to go unnoticed." Y/n stated cautiously, tugging the sleeve of her long sleeved shirt. Taron was good at recognizing body language and couldn't help but wonder.
"Does this topic mean a lot to you?" Taron asked.
"Yeah."
"Why?" He knew that he probably shouldn't ask but his curiosity was overwhelming. Taron was quick to jump to conclusions and assumed right away that possibly she could be a bit like him.
"I don't really wanna talk about it." She replied, still tugging on her sleeve.
"Oh. Ok. I get it." Things were beginning to be a bit awkward. "So let's start looking at charities and we can pick one." The rest of the night was a bit awkward but he still enjoyed being there a whole lot more than his house. He didn't feel like eating once he got home, so instead, he went up to his room and tried to block out the background noise.  Of course it was then, when things got bad again. When he was alone. Especially at night.

Why did you try to pressure it out of her dumbass? What the hell?! Obviously she didn't want to talk about it so you just should've left it at that! You probably made her super uncomfortable and now she probably hates you. She probably never wants to see you again! How are you gonna take her to school tomorrow? It'll be so awkward! But leaving her to walk is rude. Actually, she might not even be mad at you. She might've forgotten already. No. No one can forget that stuff that easily. Ugh you idiot! (Taron's thoughts) He couldn't seem to shake them out of his head. Around 1:45 am is when he finally fell asleep.

Taron was extremely exhausted the next morning. His constant lack of sleep was really taking a toll on him. Slapping his alarm, he groaned and refused to get up. After a while River came banging on his door and telling him to get up. "No I don't feel good River. I'm gonna stay home." Taron lied.
"Ew don't get me sick," she replied through the door and ran downstairs. When he was sure that River left, he went downstairs to grab some ibuprofen. Sure, he wasn't actually sick, but all his anxiety and stress lately was giving him a headache.

Later in the afternoon Taron heard his phone buzz. His headache was dying down and he was watching TV. It was a text from y/n. Where are you?! I can't do this project alone! Although Taron knew he should really tell the truth, he replied with:
oh yeah I forgot to tell you that I'm sick and I stayed home.
Well that would've been nice to know this morning! -y/n
I'm sorry! -taron
Look, I gotta talk to you. Come over to my house after school tomorrow. -y/n
About what? -taron
I gotta get back to class. I'll explain tomorrow -y/n
For all the things that give him anxiety. This type of thing is probably the worst.