Happier

Walking down 29th and Park
I saw you in another's arms
Only a month we've been apart
You look happier

Peter and MJ. Everyone loved them together. They were the couple that made people smile. Everyone believed a marriage was going to happen soon. But it didn't.

Peter Stark loved Michelle Jones since freshman year. They've been together for 8 years. But the spark just stopped. Well for MJ. They spilt and Peters world stopped.

Saw you walk inside a bar
He said something to make you laugh
I saw that both your smiles were twice as wide as ours
Yeah, you look happier, you do

Peter was walking down some street, wanting to escape from the tower. When he spotted MJ and some guy with his arms wrapped around her waist. Her smile was so big. It held so much love. He just wanted her back.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody love you like I do
Promise that I will not take it personal, baby
If you're moving on with someone new

They had arguments that hurt each other, but they always ended back in each other's arms. Peter never felt so happy with anyone else, she was, no is, his life support. He looked at her like she was an angle, his eyes twinkle with love.

MJ kept Peter grounded, she was there to help remind that people love him. She was his happiness.

'Cause baby you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'll feel it too
And until then I'll smile to hide the truth
But I know I was happier with you

Ned, His dad, his pops(Strange), and Nat always told him, he'll be okay. 'There are plenty other fish the sea.' You'll understand. He always says they're right, but Peter didn't mean it. It hurts, you loved that person for that long and it just goes to shit. They rarely communicate, and when they do have a conversation it usually last a minute. He wants their conversation to be as it was.

Sat on the corner of the room
Everything's reminding me of you
Nursing an empty bottle and telling myself you're happier
Aren't you?

When ever Peter saw MJ smiling and be as happy as ever, he would sneak a bottle of tequila to his room and drink it all. But it had no affect. Curse his fast metabolism. When the bottle was done he cried himself to sleep. He couldn't stand just watching the only thing that made him want to live, leave and act like nothing happened.

Ain't nobody hurt you like I hurt you
But ain't nobody need you like I do
I know that there's others that deserve you
But my darling, I am still in love with you

Peter needs MJ. Peter needs his happiness. Peter needs his life support. Peter needs his bestfriend back. Peter never needed someone so bad. He just wants to be loved, maybe he wasn't enough. 'MJ doesn't need me, I'm worthless, she can do better than me' Peter thought that on a daily basis.

He can't go on with out her. His chest physically hurt him. It hurt more than what happens on patrol. He wants the pain over with.

But I guess you look happier, you do
My friends told me one day I'd feel it too
I could try to smile to hide the truth
I know I was happier with you

Baby, you look happier, you do
I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
But if breaks your heart like lovers do
Just know that I'll be waiting here for you

Peter will always want MJ back no matter what happens. Peter wants MJ.

MJ doesn't want Peter.

Peter is going through so much pain.

MJ is with another guy living her best life.

Peter can't stop the pain.

Or can...

______________________

Words: 655

Daily gif: