Chapter 1

(A/N – Ok, some ground rules. Tony doesn't know Peter is Spider-Man. Neither Civil War, Infinity War, or Endgame happened. And the Avengers still live in the tower. Also, side note, I have no idea how cousins work. Like that whole first removed and second removed stuff? That makes no sense to me. But I tried my best. Please don't hate me if I messed it up. Now, on with the story.)

"Dude! She is totally into you! The signs are all over!"

Peter blushed "Michelle doesn't like me, Ned. We're just really good friends. She was there for me when Liz had to leave after her dad got arrested."

Ned smirked as he opened his locker "If you're 'just good friends' then why did she invite you to that concert next week?"

He rolled his eyes and grabbed his backpack "Because it's her favorite band and she didn't want to go by herself. She heard me mention I wasn't busy next week, so she asked me to tag along. That's all."

"That's all?" he asked.

"That's all Ned." Peter groaned and closed the door.

Ned smiled "Then why did she already have a second ticket before you said 'yes'?" Peter stopped dead in his tracks and Ned started laughing hysterically "Face it, dude, she likes you." Peter's jaw hung open as they exited the school. "So, any new bad guys to beat up?"

Peter came out of his shock "No. Not that I know of at least." They both laughed. "I'll probably head out on patrol later tonight. You want to be my guy in the chair for a few hours then come spend the night?"

Ned shook his head "Sorry dude, my grandma's in town this weekend and my mom insists that I spend some time with her rather than friends."

"That's ok." Peter smiled "There's always next weekend."

The two walked down the street for a few more minutes until Ned came to his bus stop. Peter bid him farewell and went on his way. He decided to take a long way home and took a walk through the park. It was four o'clock by the time he arrived at his neighborhood.

He stopped suddenly as he turned the corner. There were police cars and ambulances parked in front of his apartment building. He made his way through the crowd and saw a stretcher being pulled through the door. He looked over out of curiosity and his eyes grew big. He ran over to one of the paramedics. "That's my aunt! What's wrong?!"

He looked down at him sadly "This afternoon your aunt had a heart attack. We're taking her to the hospital right now." He put a hand on his shoulder "We're going to try our best to get her back on her feet." Peter nodded as he was shown to a police car to take him to the hospital. This couldn't be happening.

~time skip~

Peter had been sitting in the waiting room for the last three hours. Peter jumped from his seat when a doctor finally came in. "How is she?!"

He hung his head "I'm so sorry son, we did everything we could, but she didn't make it..." Peter fell back in his chair and started sobbing. First his parents, then Uncle Ben, and now Aunt May. He had never felt this alone in his entire life.

The doctor sat down next to him, "I know this is hard, but are there any other relatives that you can stay with?" Peter shook his head. The man sighed "You will have to be placed with a foster family then. But, you can worry about that tomorrow. I know you have a lot on your mind. Is there a friend you can stay with tonight?" Peter nodded "If you give me their parents' phone number I'll call them for you." Peter pulled out his phone and showed him the number. "Hello, Mr. Leeds? This is Dr. Carter at Memorial Hospital..."

~time skip~

That night Peter slept in Ned's old room. He had tried to cheer him up a couple of times, but it never worked. Peter spent the whole night crying.

The next day, a social worker came by and asked Peter a bunch of questions about his family history to see if there was any chance he had any unknown relatives. She tried to have a positive attitude, but Peter wasn't holding his breath. Peter would be allowed to stay with the Leeds for one week before he had to move in with a foster family. He was not looking forward to that...

~time skip~

"Dude, you need to eat something. It's been four days." Peter looked up and saw Ned in the doorway with a grilled cheese and a bowl of soup. "My mom is crazy worried that you are going to die of starvation."

Ned sat down on the bed next to him and put the food on the nightstand. "I just..." Peter sighed "I just don't know what I'm going to do without her... She was all I had left Ned. I don't know how I'm supposed to recover from this..."

"With help from your friends." He answered "If you ever need anything you know I'm here for you. And today Michelle said she would stop by after school tomorrow to check on you."

Peter perked up a bit "She did?"

Ned smiled "Yep! And she asked me to tell you to cheer up so that she wouldn't feel guilty about beating you in Mario Kart." For the first time all week Peter laughed. He reached over and grabbed the grilled cheese. Things were starting to look up.

"Ned will you and Peter come downstairs for a second?" his mom called.

They walked down the stairs and saw the social worker sitting with his parents in the living room. "Sit down boys." She said with a smile "I have some news." They did as she said and noticed that both of Ned's parents were smiling. Something was up "Ok, so see if you can keep up, this gets complicated." She started. "Peter, your parents died when you were four and you went to live with your aunt and uncle because both sets of your grandparents were deceased. Right?" he nodded. "Well, your uncle's father was the son of your great great uncle. And your great great uncle had a cousin who was in the army during World War Two. This man would have been your uncle's third cousin and your fourth cousin. Well, He's still alive!"

Peter looked at the adults confused "Wouldn't he be like, a hundred years old? And... not able to take care of me?"

"That's the best part!" she grinned "Your fourth cousin, is Steve Rogers!"

Peter's jaw dropped open and Ned started squealing "Dude! You're related to Captain America!"

(A/N - Hey everyone! Thanks for reading my story! I hope you like it so far. I update every weekend, so check back then. See ya and remember, with great power comes great responsibility!)