Chapter 11

Peter was on edge. It had been a week since he found out about Steve. He finally got around to telling Ned and they had a mini freak out session trying to figure out what to do. Ned finally sighed "Ok, you just need to pretend like nothing is wrong. As far as Steve knows, you aren't on to him. Bucky doesn't know that you're Spider-Man. We just need to be more careful from now on."

Peter took a deep breath and sighed "You're right... Just pretend like... everything is normal..."

"Exactly!" Ned smiled "And to prove that everything is normal, you and MJ are going to go see a movie tonight."

"What?!?!" Peter's eye started twitching.

"Dude... that's really creepy..." he then grinned "Now, let me tell you how all of this went down. I must warn you, it gets complicated...

1. First off, I pick the perfect date movie. Michelle isn't really into the classic 'chick flick' and she also wouldn't fall for the 'slip your arm around her in during a horror movie' trick in a million years. So, I chose a comedy. You can laugh together during the film, then have something to laugh about at dinner afterward. It's perfect.

2. Next, I had to buy the tickets. Now, this sounds simple, but you have to pick just the right place to sit. You don't want to be too close to the screen but, you also don't want to be too far away. The center of the theater is the optimal spot, but you also want to feel like you have some privacy, so you want to sit on the end of the row.

3. Probably the most important step was actually getting her to go. I started off with the fact that I had two tickets to a movie. I invited her to go along with me and she eventually said yes.

4. Next, I had to replace me with you. A few days later I told her that something came up and I gave Peter my ticket. She said that was fine and you could pick her up at seven on Friday.

5. The final step, I tell you the plan. So, sound good?"

Peter just gapped at him "I think that is the most complicated way to set two people up on a date I have ever heard..." Now he went into panic mode "How could you do that?! I can't go on a date with MJ!!! What am I going to say?! What am I going to do?! I don't know where to pick her up from! Where does she even live?!?!"

"Hey calm down..." Ned patted him on the back. "She gave me her address. And don't you dare think of backing out of this. She said she was really looking forward to it."

Peter's eyes brightened "Sh-she said that?"

Ned nodded "Now, you have to pick her up in a couple of hours. We need to figure out what you are going to wear!"

~time skip~

"Steve, I think this is a bit excessive..."

He pinched the bridge of his nose "Bucky, he said he is taking a girl to a movie tonight. How am I supposed to know if that is a lie or not?"

Bucky sighed "Steve you cannot seriously be considering following the kid while he takes a girl on a date?!"

"I'm doing it Bucky and you can't stop me!" he was very determined.

Bucky had to think of something quick "Ok how about this... instead of you following him... let me do it. If he spotted you he would know something was up. If he sees me, he might just think I'm going to a movie."

"That is true..." Steve nodded "Ok, you follow him and see if he is doing anything I should be worried about."

Bucky gave him a mock salute. "Yes sir!" they both laughed. Bucky figured he could just make sure Peter got to the theater and back home without running into Flash. Just to humor Steve.