Chapter 4

The next morning Peter woke up at eight. It was a Sunday, so he didn't have to worry about school, but he wasn't quite sure what he was supposed to do. Should he go get breakfast? Where was breakfast?

"Good morning Peter." Peter jumped when a voice came out of nowhere. "I'm sorry for startling you. My name is Jarvis. Mr. Stark's personal assistant. Mr. Stark asked me to inform you when you woke up that everyone was downstairs getting breakfast."

"Oh... thank you..." so this was Jarvis. Not quite what he was expecting...

Peter got out of bed and went over to one of his bags. He had yet to unpack so all of his clothes were kind of a mess. He quickly got dressed and brushed his teeth. He then made his way downstairs.

"Good morning Peter." Peter stepped out of the elevator and saw all the Avengers sitting around a large table. Steve motioned him over and he took a seat next to him. "Clint is making breakfast," he explained. "He may goof off, but he can make a pretty good omelet."

"Pretty good?" Clint walked in carrying several plates. "This is the best omelet you're ever going to eat kid!" He started passing them to everyone as they laughed.

After breakfast, Steve went upstairs and helped Peter unpack. There was a small close call when Steve almost opened the bag with Peter's suit. But the crisis was luckily averted.

By the time they had finished, it was already evening. They went downstairs and had dinner then watched some tv with the other Avengers.

Tony was flipping through channels when he eventually landed on the local news station. "This just in, an electrical fire has caused an apartment building to go up in flames. Firefighters are trying their hardest to get inside to rescue civilians, but the building is already in the process of collapse."

Peter looked up waiting for the Avengers to get up. They didn't. "Um..." Peter looked over to Tony "Shouldn't you guys you know... go help out?"

He shook his head "We try not to meddle too much in everyday affairs like this. If we help firefighters in New York, then we are expected to help firefighters in Tokyo or Berlin or London. It would cause an international incident if we show favorites."

"Oh..." Peter looked back to the screen. "You know... I think I'm going to head on to the bed. I've got school tomorrow you know. Night everyone!"

They all said goodnight without giving him much mind. He made his way over to the elevator and pulled out his phone as soon as the doors closed. "Ned, I need you to do that thing. Now!"

"Dude, did you see the news?!" he asked.

"Yeah that's where I'm headed!" as soon as the door opened he sprinted to his room.

"Are you and the Avengers going to have a team up?!" he asked excitedly.

"No." Peter glared ahead of him "They aren't coming. Ned, we were all in the same room when the news came on. I asked if they were going and they said it might cause an 'international incident' or something!"

"that's awful!" Ned yelled, "they should be helping those people too!"

"I know!" Peter agreed "One thing is for sure if I hadn't made up my mind before I have now, I don't want to be an Avenger."

"Not if that's how they are going to act." He heard typing on the other end "Ok... I pulled up the specs for the Tower... in your room, there should be a hidden panel at the back of the closet."

Peter dug through his clothes until he found it. "Ok. Now what?"

"Open it." Ned instructed "Alright punch in the following code on the keypad. Once you do that I control Jarvis' camera's in your room and on the balcony. He doesn't even know I'm here!"