Chapter 6

Peter woke up very early the next day, so nobody would see that his nose had already healed. Honestly, it wasn't even that bad. He didn't understand why they were freaking out so much. He got himself a bowl of cereal then packed up his things to go to school. An entire hour earlier than yesterday.

~time skip~

When Steve woke up Bruce and Natasha had already poured themselves some coffee and were seated at the table. "Would you guys like some breakfast?" he offered.

"We both already got something," Natasha answered.

"Ok." Steve nodded "I think I'll make something for Peter though."

"Actually," Bruce picked up a piece of paper off of the table. "You might want to read this first." He handed Steve the paper.

~Hey Steve, it's Peter. Parker. (Why did I specify that...) Well, I just wanted to tell you I went to school early today. Ned and I have a project we needed to work on. I'll be home right after school. Have a nice day! ~

"Hmm..." Steve finished reading the note. "Do either of you think Peter has been acting odd since yesterday?"

"Well... I'm not going to lie, I don't exactly believe that story about him falling down the stairs..." Natasha answered.

"Yeah..." Steve sat down. "Neither do I..."

"Then what do you think happened to him?" Bruce asked.

Steve sighed "I just don't know. Sarah mentioned that she believed he was picked on at school. But surely he would have said something if a kid did that to him." He sighed again "Who would have thought, he hasn't been here a week and he's already keeping secrets from me."

"Oh, don't think of it like that." Bruce spoke up "As you said yourself, a week ago he only knew you like Captain America. And now you are his legal guardian. Give him some time, he'll warm up to you. Trust me."

Steve nodded "I guess your right. I guess this whole 'raising a kid' thing has gotten me paranoid. I just... I know he's had a rough life. I just want to try and give him a better one you know?"

Natasha gave him a smile "I know you do Steve. And you're doing a good job so far. Just, give Peter some time to adjust. Why don't you and Peter go out for dinner tonight? It'll give you some time to bond."

Steve thought it over "You know, that sounds like a good idea..."

"You know..." he smiled "I might just do that..."

~time skip~

Peter luckily didn't have to explain the nose to Michelle and Ned, so that was one less thing that he had to worry about. He was nervous about running into Flash after yesterday, so he went out of his way to avoid him in the halls. He luckily made it through the day without any incidents.

After school, Peter went straight back to the tower. He was hoping that he could get a head start on patrol after he ate a quick dinner. However, Steve had other plans.

"Hi, Pete. How was school?" Steve smiled when he walked out of the elevator. Bruce, Steve, and Tony were sitting at the kitchen table.

"It was good." Peter smiled and sat down next to them.

"I was wondering if you would want to go get something to eat?" Steve asked. "Give us a chance to get to know each other a bit better.

Peter smiled "Sounds fun." The patrol could wait. He hated having to lie to Steve, he really thought he was a cool guy. Dinner could hopefully strengthen their relationship.

Tony studied him "Didn't you have a broken nose yesterday?" Bruce and Steve's eyes went wide when they also noticed the lack of bruising.

"Oh uh... yeah... I heal really fast. My doctor always said I had a pretty good metabolism... I uh... I think I'll go change. You know... for dinner..." he quickly grabbed his bag and went to his room.