Chapter 13

Steve had assumed that once Peter had told him the truth about being bullied, he wouldn't lie anymore. Well, he was wrong. Steve was starting to get very worried. Peter would come home very late after 'hanging out with Ned and MJ', Peter would wake up and he would have injuries he didn't have the night before, and sometimes Steve would notice he had blood on his clothes. He just didn't know what was going on anymore...

"The two of you just need to talk it out." He had now gone to Natasha for her opinion. "He's in his room right now. Go tell him how you're feeling."

Steve nodded and walked down the hall to Peter's room. He knocked "Hey Pete, it's Steve. Can we talk for a sec?" he waited but there was no answer. "Pete?" he opened the door and found that the room was empty, and a window was open. "Jarvis is Peter in the building?" no answer. "Jarvis are you there?"

"Yes, Captain Rogers." The voice answered.

"I asked if Peter was in the building?" he said again. Once again there was no answer. He was going to get to the bottom of this...

~time skip~

He went down to the lab. "Tony, I think something is wrong with Jarvis."

His head shot up from the project he was working on "What have you done to my beautiful creation?!"

Steve just blinked "I didn't do anything. I asked him to tell me if Peter was in the building and he didn't respond. I can't find Peter anywhere!"

Tony looked concerned "Jarvis, is Peter Parker in the tower?" he still didn't answer. "That's odd..." he went over to his computer and started typing. After a few minutes, his jaw dropped.

"What's the matter?" Steve came up behind him.

"I- Jarvis was hacked..." he said in shock.

"How long has it been?" Steve asked concerned.

Tony met him in the eye "It's been months..."

"What?" Steve was confused now "But he's been working fine. We didn't even notice until I asked him about Peter."

"That's just it." He showed him the screen "The only things that were affected are the cameras in the main common areas... and Peter's room..." he let that sink in. "Jarvis has also been reprogramed to not respond to certain phrases. All of which have to do with Peter..."

Steve sat down in shock. "But... that means... do you think Peter did this?"

Tony kept typing on the computer "That is what I would guess... it looks like in the surveillance tapes there are clips that have been cut and then replaced by other clips." He showed Steve a clip of Peter in his room. He walked in and sat down on his bed to play on his phone. Then there was a quick blip and the picture came back. Only before, he hadn't been wearing shoes, but now he was. "It looks like Peter was doing something in the cut video he didn't want anyone to see..."

"How often do those cuts happen?" he asked.

Tony looked back at the screen "At least once a day, sometimes more..."

"Is there any way to recover the deleted footage?" Tony shook his head. As soon as Peter got home he was going to figure this out for once and for all...

~time skip~

Bucky and Peter had just busted this guy named 'Mysterio' (what a weird dude...) and they were now getting some dinner. "So, kid, you plan on calling it a night yet?"

Peter looked at his watch "Nah, I think I'll make a few more rounds. Just to see if we missed anything. I'll call you if anything big comes up." He nodded as Peter walked out of the restaurant.

He went and got changed before heading back out on patrol. He stopped a few muggers and a couple of petty burglaries. But nothing too major. Everything seemed to be pretty normal until he heard an alarm go off.

He swung down to a nearby jewelry store. Inside all, he could see was one guy. "Hey, you lose something pal?" the guy turned around, but there was something off about him.

"Ah, hello Spider-Man, I knew you would arrive eventually if I made enough noise. At least, that's what the boss said." Suddenly, his arm shot out towards Peter. When it touched his skin, it felt like... sand?

"Who are you working for?" he tried to sound calm, even though the guy was trying to smash him with his fists. "Who the heck are you?!"

The man grinned "The name's Sand Man punk. And I ain't snitchin' on nobody!"

~time skip~

By the time Peter finished his fight with Sand Man, he felt like his entire body had lost a lair of skin. Man, that sand was rough! At some point during the fight, he had ended up in the sewers. (Don't even ask how he had managed to do that...) by the time he had crawled out, it was already morning.

He sighed. Another night without sleep. Just great... Well, at least it was summer vacation. He got changed into his normal clothes and started to make the long trip back to the tower. On the way back, he picked up some breakfast. He stopped by his favorite book store. He even got a couple of games of Galaga in at the arcade. After all, there was no rush. He didn't have anything he had to do when he got back.

He felt his phone buzz and he dug it out of his pocket. He noticed he had missed several calls from Steve and the other Avengers. They were probably going out on a mission and wanted to let him know. He could just find out when he got back to the tower.

His phone buzzed again, and he saw he was getting a call from Ned. "Hey, dude!"

"Peter... where are you?" he sounded nervous.

"I'm on my way back to the tower." He answered, "Why?"

"So, you haven't seen the news?" he asked.

Peter scrunched his eyebrows "What news? Ned are you ok? You sound upset..."

"Peter..." he took in a deep breath "Toomes just escaped from prison... and he has his suit back. He says he is coming for Spider-Man..."

Peter didn't know what to say. He quickly hung up the phone and sprinted back to the tower. If Toomes was looking for him, it would not take him long to find out he had moved in with the Avengers. He had to get back to the tower and warn them...

(A/N - Hey guys! :) Thanks for reading. Check back next week for the thrilling conclusion! :) Remember, with great power comes great responsibility!)