Chapter 3

"Oh my god! This is the greatest thing that has ever happened to me! Well, to you I guess. But still!" Peter was staying one more night at Ned's house to give Steve time to set up a room for him in the tower.

Peter grinned as he hung from the ceiling "I know what you mean. I'm in shock myself! But you do have to wonder..."

"What?" Ned asked.

Peter sighed and jumped down to the floor. "What am I going to do about Spider-man?"

"Oh..." Ned put a hand to his chin "Now that is a problem... Well, why don't you just tell him? Then you could become an Avenger!"

Peter shook his head "Nah. The Avengers don't take Spider-Man seriously. Me moving in with them isn't going to change that. Besides, now that he's my legal guardian, Steve has the power to make me stop. I just don't want to risk that."

"So, what you're going to lie to the Avengers?" Ned scoffed. "Good luck with that!"

"I know..." Peter sighed "The first thing I will have to worry about is sneaking out for patrols. I can manage right after school. But I'm going to have a tough time once everyone goes to sleep. Avengers Tower is outfitted with Mr. Stark's AI Jarvis. This man's there are cameras literally everywhere!"

Ned thought over the problem "I guess you and I are just going to have to hack into it and shut down the cameras in your room."

Peter's eyes went wide "One, that sounds so illegal! And two, are you and I even capable of that?!"

Ned grinned "Sure we are! You test out the water for the first week and find out as much as you can about Jarvis, then I can hack into his system."

Peter started to nod "You know... this might just work..."

~time skip~

"You have a son?!"

Steve rolled his eyes "No Tony I do not have a son. Peter is my distant cousin or something like that."

"But he's basically going to be like your son?" Clint asked.

Steve just shook his head in defeat. "You all can joke now but when he gets here I want you to be nice to him. He's had a rough week and I want him to feel like he's at home. So, no making fun of him!" he glared at Clint and Tony.

All of the Avengers were in the living room waiting for this famed 'Peter' to arrive. They were all very excited to meet him. Some didn't even believe he existed! (*cough* Tony and Clint *cough*)

A few minutes later the elevator door dinged, and Peter walked into the room. He saw all the Avengers standing there and he had no idea what to say. Or do. Or think. Should he breathe? He should probably breathe, shouldn't he... breathing sounded good right about now. So why wasn't he?!

"Hey, Peter. I'd like to introduce you to the Avengers." Steve walked over to him and showed him into the room.

Peter gave a little wave "Hi..."

Steve showed him to all of the Avengers "This is Natasha Romanoff. She might seem rough on the outside but she's nice."

"Nice to meet you, Peter." She shook his hand.

They walked to the next person "This is Thor. He's a god so some of his habits may seem... odd... but you get used to it."

"Hello Peter son of Parker!" he grabbed onto Peter's hand and shook it "Me! He has a strong grip!" Peter blushed as they moved to the next one.

"This is Clint Barton," Steve explained. "For the most part ignore everything he says. He'll only get you into trouble."

"Hey!" Clint shook Peter's hand "You know I've got to say... I really didn't think you existed. I thought Steve had finally got a sense of humor and pulled a joke on us!"

Steve smacked his arm as they walked over to the last two. "This is Tony Stark and Br..."

"Bruce Banner!" Peter finished excitedly. He quickly shook his hand. "I have read all three of your papers on Gama radiation! They were excellent! I wrote a research paper on your theory that radiation affects different people based on their blood type. It is an honor to meet you, sir!"

Bruce blinked in surprise "You read my papers? And understood them?!" Peter nodded "How old are you?"

"I'm 15 sirs." He answered "But I was 13 when I wrote the paper. It was for my eighth grade English Final exam." He smiled "My English teacher had no idea what I was talking about. But she gave me an A anyway."

Tony put a hand on Peter's shoulder "Ok Steve Bruce and I are officially kidnapping this kid. He's too smart for you. We'll raise him won't we Bruce?"

Steve and Bruce rolled their eyes "That's not exactly how it works Tony."

Steve picked up one of Peter's bags off of the floor. "Let me show you to your room Peter then you can get acquainted with people a bit more." He nodded and picked up the other bag.

Steve took him to the floor right above them. "This is the housing floor. Here's your room. My room is right across the hall. The other Avengers rooms are further down the hallway."

Peter walked into his room and his eyes grew big. A large bed sat against one wall. A big desk was in another corner. A door led to his own bathroom. And another led to the biggest closet he had ever seen. The best thing was the whole back wall was one giant window. There was also a sliding door that led to a balcony. That would make sneaking out as Spider-Man significantly easier. Assuming he could do something about the cameras...

"Amazing isn't it." Steve smiled "I remember the first time Tony showed me my room. I was speechless."

Peter smiled "Well, it's definitely bigger than our apartment in Queens."

Steve laughed, and he set the bag he was holding on the ground. "Well let's go back downstairs and see if Tony has signed the adoption papers yet." Peter laughed as they walked back to the elevator. 

(A/N - Hey guys! :) Thank so much for reading! Remember, with great power, comes great responsibility!)