Chapter 8

Steve was worried about Peter hiding things from him. It had been a month since he moved in with him and he still hadn't confronted him about it. He seemed like a great kid. But he knew there was something wrong with him. He just wished he could figure out what it was...

~time skip~

Today was Saturday so everyone took their time waking up. By noon they were all up and about and Clint had suggested they watch some TV.

They were in the sitting room when suddenly an alarm started going off in the tower. They watched as the tv picture changed to that of Nick Fury. "Avengers, Loki has stolen back his staff from SHIELD HQ and is now using it to wreak havoc on Manhattan. New York needs you."

All of the Avengers quickly ran to their own rooms to get changed into their uniforms. When they were finished Steve ran over to Peter who was still sitting on the couch. "We have to go deal with this. Stay here where it is safe. We might be gone for a few hours." With that, they all ran out of the room towards the hanger.

As soon as they left the room Peter laughed "Stay here? Ha! As if!"

He ran to his room and changed into his own suit. He tapped on the newly installed headpiece in his mask. "Ned you there?"

"Yeah dude!" he answered "It's all over the news! Loki's attacking the city!"

"I know." Peter jumped from his window and started swing towards the commotion. "Ok Ned, wipe the video from the living room right after the Avengers leave. Replace it with me walking towards my room. Then put the loop of me reading in the place of my room's video. We haven't used that one for a while. I am wearing the blue shirt today so make sure you use that footage."

"Sounds good." Here could hear typing on the other end. "Ok all done. Looks like the Avengers have just arrived at the scene. This is going to be your first team up isn't it?"

"Yeah, it is..." Peter was nervous. Not only because he was about to fight with Earth's mightiest heroes. But also, the fact that he was about to fight with his new family. He would have to be on his guard to make sure they didn't discover his identity.

~time skip~

Peter landed on a roof overlooking the battle. He set up his camera and gave himself a second to access the situation. To be honest... things weren't looking too good. Loki was wiping the floor with the Avengers.

He had summoned an army of frost giants that he was controlling with his scepter. The Avengers were busy fighting off the giants and trying to keep them away from the civilians. The only one actually fighting Loki was Thor. And He wouldn't be able to beat him on his own.

"What are you thinking dude?" Ned asked.

Peter watched as Loki blasted Thor with his scepter. "If I can get that scepter away from Loki, he would lose his control over the frost giants. That means that the other Avengers could help Thor take him out."

"Sounds good." Ned confirmed, "Go for it, dude!"

Peter jumped off of the roof and swung over to where Loki and Thor were fighting. He swooped down and snagged the scepter with his webs. Before Loki knew what was happening it was ripped from his grasp and Peter landed on the ground behind Thor. "Hey everyone." He eyed the weapon in his hands "You know this is kind of dangerous. I'm afraid I'm going to have to confiscate this, Mr. Loki. No hard feelings!"

"Give that back mortal!" Peter sprinted off in the other direction as Loki chased after him.

He started swinging but he knew he would catch up with him eventually. He turned around and saw the other Avengers behind him. The frost giants had disappeared. "Thor go long!" he threw the scepter like a javelin and the god of thunder caught it.