Chapter 10

Peter hated lying to Steve about staying at Ned's tonight. (Huh, seems like he's been saying that a lot these days...) But he has been tracking this 'Doctor Octopus' guy all week, and he thinks he might have finally found his hideout!

Peter crawled through the sewers until he saw a light coming from a tunnel. He went down it and found a room filled with all kinds of electrical equipment. A lot of which he noticed had been stolen over the last several weeks.

Mr. Jameson had been the first one to tip him off about Doctor Octopus. He claimed that he had just stolen a ton of tech from Empire State University. Jameson believed that Doc Oc was working with Spider-Man and stole the tech for him. Peter obviously knew that was false. But it did beg the question... why had he stolen the tech?

"Hello? Anybody home?" in hindsight... this was a really stupid thing to do.

Peter's Spidey Sense went off and a metal arm came zooming towards him. He was able to jump out of the way, unfortunately, not before another arm grabbed his leg. A man wearing a green suit stepped out of the shadows. "Why if it isn't Spider-Man... I have heard much about you..."

Peter noticed his four extra limbs "You know... I have a sneaking suspicion that you aren't really a doctor..."

~time skip~

Peter was very sore after his fight with Doctor Octopus. First, he had to restrain him. That took hours. Then he had to take him to the police, return the stolen tech, and get rid of any experiments he had been working on. By the time he was finished, it was morning.

Peter was on his way home when something, or rather 'someone' bumped into it. "Hey, if it isn't puny Parker!" Peter groaned as Flash smirked down at him "You off to beg for food?"

"Leave me alone Flash..." he tried to walk away from him, but he grabbed onto his wrist.

"I was talking to you..." he glared at him, "You know... you could really learn some manners..." Peter's Spidey Sense went off right before Flash punched him straight in the eye. Well, that was going to bruise.

"Hey!" both Peter and Flash looked up to see a man standing over them. And he did not look happy...

When Bucky got a call from Steve the day before, he was eager to help his friend out. He had told him about this kid he had taken in a while back, but he still hadn't met him. Apparently, the kid had a nasty habit of lying. Steve had hoped Bucky could help him figure everything out.

Bucky was on his way to the tower when he noticed something on the other side of the street. He saw a scrawny boy with brown hair leaning against a wall. A bigger boy with dark hair was standing over him. As he was watching, the bigger boy punched the other in the face. Bucky was going to put a stop to this...

"Son, I think you had better be going on your way before I have to tell you again..." Flash let out a squeak before he ran off down the street. Bucky helped the other boy up off the ground "Are you ok?"

He smiled "Y-yeah I'm fine. Flash was just goofing around... no harm is done..."

Bucky raised an eyebrow "That shiner you've got says otherwise. So, you know that kid?"

Peter sighed "Yeah his name is Flash, he goes to my school... thanks for the assist, but I'm ok really."

"If you say so..." Bucky held his hand out "My name's Bucky Barnes by the way."

Peter grinned and shook it "I'm Peter! Peter Parker!" when he looked down his eyes widened "Woah! Is that a metal arm?! That's so cool! I mean... I'm sorry! Wow, that was super rude! I shouldn't just say stuff like that, man I'm inconsiderate. I apologize!"