Chapter 5 - Adrenaline

~~~~~~~~~
Yuno's POV
~~~~~~~~~

"She... She isn't breathing!" I exasperatingly cry, with the alarm evident in my voice.

The exact moment when Klaus and Mimosa hear the sound of the crystal shattering, and my alarming, immediate cry, they instantaneously turn their heads towards my direction. Though, Langris, remains unconscious, completely, and utterly unaware.

The two knights pause, the exact instant that their eyes perceive myself and the being, whom is cradled safely, and firmly in my arms.

Both Klaus, and Mimosa stare, refusing to believe the sight before them.

Klaus stands up, his now eyes hidden by his shining spectacles, and the ominous, dark shadow that envelops the majority of his face. He begins to march towards me, picking up the pace quicker, and quicker.

"Yuno! What in the world were you thinking!" He yells, as his hands plant firmly into my shoulders, gripping and stabbing harshly into them. Though, I know that the brute force he's using, is only because he cares about his squadmates. His eyebrows furrow, as he then looks down in disappointment, not being able to find the right words to say.

It was then, that he truly saw the unconscious, glowing being that was collapsed, softly into my arms.

"Yuno..." He sighed, once again. "I-" He started to continue, but was abruptly cut off when a high-pitched scream was heard, followed by a loud, solid crash.

I instantaneously turn my head, seeking for the origin for the scream, and the crash. It was then that I realised, that it had come from Mimosa and Langris' direction!

Before I even had a chance to identify the two figures, I heard Mimosa screech,"Everyone! We have no time to argue! The cave! I-It's... starting to collapse!", almost jumbling her words due to the severe haste in her hoarse, tear-choked voice.

As if on cue, the entire ceiling of the cave's naturally-formed room begun crashing down in the form of enormous, ferocious boulders! Without any time to process the events that had just occurred, I began to charge out of the room at the fastest speed that was possible, the girl, still remaining protected in my arms.

However, as the room's entrance was almost in my arm's range,

I felt a rigid substance stub the tip of my right boot.

My body flies forward, all the while the frail girl still being held firmly in my arms.

As my body makes harsh impact with the damp, sodden ground, my arms subconsciously wrap around her silver head, protecting her from harm.

Hefty, taupe boulders continue to rain down, only barely avoiding the girl and myself. However, it wasn't long until our luck ran out...

Crack.

All of a sudden, a fierce pain shoots up through my entire leg. The source, being the foot that was furthest stretched from my body.

I attempt to muffle the agonizing howls that manage to slip out of my lips, with my dirt-filled palm, but to no avail. As of now, my foot is completely, and utterly immobilised the under thick, dense rubble, terminating any sort of movement that could be made.

The crashing of the room finally ceases.

For now.

Mimosa comes rushing over to me, as her shimmering orbs become

wider,

and wider,

and wider.

Her shocked expression, turns into one of undoubtable horror.