Chapter 11 - Unknown Identity

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your/Mireya's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mireya, we have to go!" A trembling woman's voice cries from above, as I feel a cold, slender hand tug at my own, forcing me to rush forwards at the fastest speed that I am able.

I glance upwards, as I see a tall, silver-haired woman pulling me along the damp, dark, and sodden cave's flooring as her head remains forward, refusing to waste any single moment looking in the opposite direction.

"M-Mother! I... I don't understand! You're scaring me!" I tremble, as miniscule, glimmering droplets form at the corner of my eyes. Soon enough, these many, many droplets are not able to be contained within my shivering eyes any longer, as they spill out, and stream down my pale, thin cheeks.

"You don't need to understand." The woman continues to quiver, as she resumes to tug at my doll-like hands, leading me down yet another desolate, encased hallway, as not a sliver of light is to be found.

"What about brother...?" I tremor, lowering my silver-haired head in angst, afraid of what the answer may be.

"Your brother, _____, is powerful in his own way. I sent him afar years ago, to protect him from your father's cruel and unjust ways. However, despite his uniqueness and amounts of attention he received from him, I made a miscalculation. A severely grave one.

It's not your brother that your father is after.

It's you."

She continues to quiver, as the feeling of trepidation transfers from her tone of voice, far down my spine, sending many, many shivers throughout my entire, trembling, dainty frame.

Although, when my brother's name was intended to be spoken, all that my ears were able to comprehend was an ominous, blurred sound, as if the universe inside of my buried memories refused to grant me the mere knowledge of my own brother's name.

Before my brain can possibly even catch up to, and make sense of the events surrounding me, my mother abruptly stops to a halt and pauses, as she appears to have sensed something. Facing forward all the while, she then whispers in pure, unfaltered disbelief and horror,

"He's coming.

There...

There's no time!

I have to cast the spell now!

Mireya. Listen to me!"

Immediately after she says this, she plants her ever-so-delicate hands surprisingly firmly into my shoulders, attempting to gain my utmost attention in this moment of haste and unparalleled terror.

She continues, by rapidly explaining through the angst and terror in her trembling voice,

"If I perform this spell, he won't be able to harm you.

The time will come, when one who possesses pure, and uncontaminated intent,

will awaken you from your slumber,

no matter how long you may have to wait.

Never forget...

The Joker Kingdom."

Without a mere second for myself to voice my objection to the severely hasteful, and horrorful situation, as soon as my mother says these words, galaxy-like light begins to emanate and rush from her slender, pale hands. A crystal-like substance begins to encase my entire body, as the scene around me begins to blur, and as specks of black cloud my already-limited vision.

A low, sinister male's voice is heard, as the sound of my mother's pierced skin rings through my ears.

As my consciousness slips away from me,

I soon realise,

I'm trapped.

I'm completely, and utterly trapped in this mysterious crystal that forever encases me.

~~~~~~

As suddenly as my brain awakens itself from the horrifying nightmare that had just occurred, my eyelids fly open, revealing a brilliant-white room that surrounds me. Beams of blinding white light glare into my half-lidded eyes, illuminating the already-bright room that I appear to be stationed inside of.

I hesitantly sit up on the hard mattress that appears to be positioned beneath me, as the rest of my body remains laying down, due to myself not being able to muster the strength to move it in the slightest.

As I raise a shivering, pale arm towards my face, a thin blanket slides down, revealing a bright-white robe that covers my slender physique. Aside from this, the very moment that my thin hand makes ever-so-tender contact with my pastel-like skin,

I feel a single, glistening droplet of water, flow down my face.

As I steadily return to my senses, I begin to utter, "Who... am I?", not knowing if I am frightened, or intrigued by not knowing anything of my past, present or of my existence at all. The nightmare that I seemed to have only moments ago has already escaped my mind, erased completely from the empty chamber of nonexistent memories that reside within the deepest depths of my ever-so-concealed mind.

I swiftly glance around this unfamiliar room, to take in as much intel as my brain is able to comprehend, all the while, retaining an aloof, nonchalant facial expression. However, as I glimpse down towards the rest of my lean physique, I notice a somewhat-attractive raven-haired male resting his head on the mattress that I am currently laying on. His head, being adjacent to my thinly blanket-covered knees.

As soon as he hears my almost-silent questioning utter, he groggily raises himself from the mattress, into a seating position on a normal-looking chair, revealing a strange golden robe, and a uniform of sorts. The male yawns, and turns his head towards mine.

The very moment that my pale, emerald eyes make contact with his amber, golden-like orbs,

we both pause.

However, as I stare ever-so intently into the depths of his peculiar, mystifying, golden eyes, I sense a queer sort of emptiness that lies dormant within him.

Who... Is he...?

This striking, slender male is completely unknown to me.

However, at the same time,

He seems...

So...

Familiar...

~Chapter 11 Finish~