Chapter 12 - Smile

~~~~~~~~~
Yuno's POV
~~~~~~~~~

The exact instant that the amber, glistening orbs of mine make contact with her fascinating, emerald, glimmering eyes of wonder, both of us pause.

A minute, or even two passes by, as we remain in the positions in which we first laid eyes upon each other, stunned. She appears to be staring at me out of perplexity and fascination, in the way that one would would stare if they had never laid eyes upon a human before.

If I'm being completely honest, her stare is quite intimidating and aloof. Though, not in a cruel sort of way. Just... Distant.

I can tell that she harbours no ill intent. I sense... that I can trust this young maiden.

However, I continue to stare at her, dumbfounded, due to her absolute beauty and gracefulness. As much as it is out of character for me to do such things, my cheeks flush as I become instantaneously spellbound by this unfaltered, captivating beauty. I find myself becoming lost in the green, luscious sea that is her wondrous, majestic eyes.

The shimmering, silky strands of delicate silver hair that perfectly frame her pale, petite physique...

She even appears to be my age...

As I begin to return to my senses, and snap out of my trance-like state, I open my mouth, as I must know who this woman is.

However, I pause, not even knowing the right words to say, or how to begin my much-needed questioning.

I've never experienced anything even remotely like this before...

Though, before I can begin to question her, she unintentionally, surprisingly interrupts my thoughts, by saying in a monotone, yet the most angelic voice that my ears have ever comprehended, "What... is this place?", as if she had been pondering herself, whether or not to question me while speaking mid-sentence.

I answer in the most nonchalant and calm voice that I am able to muster in this awkward moment, as doing otherwise would be out of character for myself. I say, "You are currently stationed in one of the Clover Kingdom's medical hospitals, located in the Golden Dawn's Headquarters. As for myself, I go by the name Yuno. I am a member of the Golden Dawn, which is a Magic Knight Squad. It's my pleasure." Although, she has already seemed to notice my robe.

Though, no reaction.

As I can not hold this peculiar curiosity back any longer, I continue by asking in the same monotone voice as always, with a hint of interest, "Forgive my rudeness, but, I must know your name. Who...are you?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your/Mireya's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as he asks me for what they call, "a name", I feel a slight throbbing deep within my forehead. I raise a hand towards it, as the first name that I can think of suddenly pops into my head without warning.

"My name...?" I say, with an ever-so-slight hint of curiosity in my voice.

"It's... Mireya." I continue bluntly, surprised at myself for being able to think of a name such as that. Of course, the sudden hint amazement fails to show on my expression, as the desire to be talkative, is not a desire that I seem to possess.

Though, he doesn't seem to be hostile in any way. I... sense that I can trust this particular man.

The male—Yuno, raises a single hand to rub his chin, as he appears to be pondering something.

He raises his head once again to meet my eyes with his, as he says mid-thought, "Mireya... I've never heard of such a name..."

However, my hidden eagerness triumphs over my ability to be calm and collected, as I interrupt his pondering by once again, nonchalantly questioning him, "What exactly is the Clover Kingdom, and... Everything else that you mentioned?"

He glances up at me, stunned. He says in a slightly curious tone, "Surely you've heard of Magic Knight Squads, much less, the entire Clover kingdom, haven't you?"

I shake my head, informing him that I haven't.

He tells me to stay put where I am, and says that he'll 'return with a little something'. He hobbles out of the brightly-lit room, as he uses two strange devices that appear to be crutches of some sort, to support him.

~~~~~~~~

After a short interval, Yuno limps into the room, carrying what appears to be a tattered, thin, storybook.

My curiosity peaks, as I sit up and lean forward, gazing wondrously at the mysterious book that is being held firmly in his slender arms.

He sits down once again, on the same-old wooden chair, positioned next to the rock-hard mattress that my stiff, paralysed body currently lays on.

"So, have you ever heard of the Wizard King, Mireya?" He begins to question, as he places the tattered book adjacent to my resting legs.

"I haven't...Who... is the Wizard King?" I reply, full of genuine curiosity, still remaining somewhat monotone.

As Yuno flips the worn cover of the storybook, revealing the first page of many belonging to the certain book, he says, "Threatened by a ruthless demon, humanity was on the brink of destruction."

He flips page after page, as he continues to read in a somewhat neutral, but caring voice, "All seemed lost, until a lone mage stepped forward, and took up the fight."

He inhales, as if he has all the time in the world, and continues,"After his triumph, he was hailed as the Wizard King,

and his story became legend."

The pale mint, agape eyes of mine glimmer and shine, as I am unable to comprehend the right words to express my current emotions of amazement, and admiration.

"Wow..." I whisper, as that single onomatopoeia is all that I am able to say to represent my profuse emotions in this very moment.

The tall, raven-haired male called 'Yuno' only nods his head,

and smiles.

~~~~~~~

At that very moment,

I knew,

my whole future had been forever changed.

In what way, you ask?

You'll have to find out, along with me.

~Chapter 12 Finish~