Chapter 13 - Friends?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your/Mireya's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yet again, my mind awakens itself without warning, as the oxygen that I once held so dearly manages to escape my empty lungs once again.

After all the timeless months of being held in this facility,

in this, unadorned, artificial room, that endlessly torments me with its' utter boredom...

I still, somehow, manage to suffer from these peculiar, vicious night terrors, or so you would call them.

The particularity frightening aspect about these night terrors is unknown to myself, even. All that I can seem to recall from these 'dreadful dreams', is an ominous, sinister feeling that sends life-threatening, unpleasant shivers far, far down my spine.

I am unable to recall events of even my own nightmares.

No wonder I can't seem to remember anything about myself...

~A conversation, months prior to the present day~

"Forgive me for prying, but, you have absolutely no memories at all, before you woke up in this facility? Even of a childhood, or a family?" Yuno asks, his tone cautious, aware of the possibly sensitive topic being discussed.

"I... have none..." I sigh, as the perplexed and devastated look on my face was enough to show the defeated emotions that dwelt inside of me.

I raise a single palmed hand to place on my pale forehead, to examine my own temperature, or perhaps, to keep me somewhat sane.

I continue, turning my head to shield my emotional weakened state from Yuno's soft, amber eyes. "No matter how hard I try... I...

I can't remember..."

~The present day~

Moreover, for all of the weeks that I've been kept here, not once have I ventured outside. I don't particularly ask, due to the 'aloof ways' that I embrace, however, I never get offered the opportunity to do so.

Having said that, my experience here isn't as miserable as you'd initially think. Yuno, the male whom I met when I first awakened in this enclosed place, visits me almost every day, and retells his great quests in the Magic Knights to me. I enjoy these tales greatly, though, for some unknown reason, it's hardly ever able to be conveyed on my nonchalant, emotionless face.

On the contrary, oh how I would love to do all of the things that Yuno tells me in his tales. Venturing into desolate dungeons, having allies to aid you in your never-ending quests... Although, if that ever were to occur, my expression would yet again remain emotionless, casting a shadow on my inner emotions of pure joyfulness.

Speaking of teammates, no person besides Yuno has ever laid eyes upon me, since the time I awoke for the first time in this facility.

Though, I am quite... content, with only Yuno being there.

Crowds aren't my strongpoint.

I've heard about a certain bond called 'friendship' from Yuno. At first, I hadn't the slightest idea what friendship even was. Though, he described, and introduced it to me. He tells me about the bonds of friendship, and sharing his with many people in his life, such as a special childhood friend of his whom he has named his rival. Although, I haven't the slightest idea if Yuno thinks of me as his friend. I'm only a bedridden, aloof girl, after all.

Nonetheless, I consider him...

... my friend.

A small smile spreads across my pale, yet glossy lips, at the very thought of having a friend.

However, prior to myself being able to wander deeper into one of the many pondering sessions that I seem to have daily, my ears perceive a familiar, quiet, single knock on the door. A few seconds of total silence pass, until the door creaks ajar, and in flies a green, pale, pixie of sorts. Yuno limps in, shortly after the pixie, as he still uses what he calls, 'crutches' to support himself. Yuno greets me with a subtle "good morning", accompanied with a miniature, friendly grin.

All of a sudden, I hear a banshee-like, high-pitched voice squeal, "Huh?! This girl gets a good morning, and a smile?! Who is she anyway?! Answer me, Yuno!"

With the feeling of nonchalance plastered all over his expression, Yuno turns his head towards mine, and exhaustingly sighs, "Meet Bell."

Noticing no reaction whatsoever from the monotone male, she scurries through mid air, adjacent to my face. Her glare aligns with my confused look of perplexity, as she then squeals, "You! The one with the pretty hair, Yuno is mine and mine only! Don't get any ideas!"

After this, she rapidly, swiftly flies around me, as if she is examining me for symptoms of some contagious infection. I remain highly confused. After around a minute of this 'info-gathering', 'tsun-tsun' facade, the pixie pauses, and menacingly whispers to herself, somewhat satisfied, "Hm. My 'sylph's intuition' tells me that that girl isn't anything even mere of a threat. Heheheh. She even doesn't have the slightest smidgen of romance in her-"

"Could we... Be friends...?" I say in a somewhat confident voice, sprinkled with a pinch of emotion.

~Chapter 13 Finish~