Chapter 10 - Curiosity Killed The Cat

(Note 1: You'll understand the title soon enough... I personally, am crying.)
(Note 2: Woot! I've officially reached 10, 000 words!)

~~~~~~~~~
Yuno's POV
~~~~~~~~~

"I... I can't bring myself to remember much, Captain." I begin to say.

"Though, the last thing that I can seem to recall, is being air-carried in Klaus' Steel Chariot-" however, I pause mid-sentence, as the peculiar, tingly, enlightening feeling returns to my cheeks, as I think about how I ever-so gently cradled the silver-haired girl in my arms.

Her graceful, harmonious complexion...

The way that her elegant, silver hair flowed in the warm wind...

"Is that all?" Captain Vangeance questions me, as his curiosity becomes peaked after I had abruptly cut my sentence short.

"Y-Yes. That's all that I can seem to recall." I stutter, shaking my head and returning to my senses, snapping out of my trance-like state. Although, I am being truthful. Being air-carried in Klaus' Steel Chariot is indeed the last thing that I can seem to remember.

Any moment after that, no matter how hard I concentrate and try to replay the events in my mind, becomes clouded and blurred.

"Oh well, I guess it can't be helped, can it?" The Captain proclaims, as if he was seeking for a different answer entirely.

He continues, as he says with subtle care, "It's in your best interests that you rest now, Yuno.", turning his back to me, as his cape swiftly follows him without objection. He softly places a gloved hand on the single, metal doorknob attached to a white, tiled, narrow door, and swiftly saunters through it, as I feel my mind become faint.

Perhaps, if the Captain thinks it's ought to be best for me to rest,

who am I to turn down such a tempting offer?

Those thoughts were my last, as my consciousness drifts away into the deepest, darkest abysses of sleep, and opaque, endless slumbers.

~Time Skip~

As I feel a faint, light prodding in my shoulder, my mind seems to come to its senses, as it awakens itself. However, as I groggily turn to my left to see who has disrupted the lengthiest, prolonged sleep that I seemed to have in a while, I see a certain hot-headed, green pixie.

"Y-Yuno! Wake up already! Yuno~!" She yells into my ear. Though, it appears that she hasn't even realised that I am already conscious, as she seems to have closed her eyes, and is concentrating all of her energy and focus into howling in my ear.

I brush her away with an effortless movement of my barren hand, as I then rest my eyelids and clap my hands over my ears. My face scrunches slightly in annoyance, as I am obviously irritated at this sudden disrupting awakening.

As I force my heavy, weighty eyelids to open once more, I see the miniscule, female spirit stunned. However, the pure look that appears on her pale complexion doesn't remain for long, as she begins to screech,

"Yuno! I was so worried about you~!", over and over. However, she ever-so-quickly changes her attitude, as she returns to her tsundere personality, and yells,

"B-But, you made me wait all this time! You disappeared for days on end without even saying anything! You... You jerk!", as she faintly, rapidly punches my face with her petite, miniscule knuckles. Seeing that it hardly phases me, she continues her little 'baka facade' in complete exasperation.

"Are you going to say anything? Well?!" She continues to prod. Though, I choose to block her out, as I have always done. How troublesome.

However, as if the universe had heard my desperate call for help, the same, tiled, narrow door of the medical ward promptly flies open, revealing two large, middle-aged men in brilliant-white lab coats, followed by Captain Vangeance.

Bell briskly flies behind me, not wanting to be seen by anyone other than myself.

"Yuno, it appears that the lab results have returned to us." The Captain says, peaking my curiosity.

"Results, for what exactly...?" I question.

"Oh come now. Your injured foot, what else?" He mocks playfully while making a 'tck tck' sound with his tongue, as he shakes his head downwards, almost as if he is purposely attempting to make me eagerly tune in.

"How did you..." I begin to say, not knowing how they could've found out about any of my injuries and wounds, nonetheless my injured, right foot. However, the man on the left seems to already know the question I desire to ask, as he interrupts my query by saying in a deep, booming voice,

"While you were asleep, we ran various tests on you, to ensure there weren't any major injuries that had occurred during your hazardous mission in the dungeon."

Though, the other large man continues the statement, as he begins to say in an identical monotone voice, "However, the results weren't very satisfactory..."

What does he mean by 'weren't very satisfactory'?

Captain Vangeance, and the other middle-aged man bow their heads, not desiring to look me in the eyes.

The same man in the brilliant-white lab coat continues, by saying in a deep, grave voice,

"According to the test results, it was established that your right foot didn't fare so well."

I pause, as I feel a pang of angst and trepidation in the depths of my hardened heart.

"It will take 5 entire months for the foot to heal somewhat, as the bones were so devastatingly crushed, that they were barely recognisable.

As for when it's healed...

You will never be able to walk, or use that foot the same as you were able to previously,

ever,

again."

~Chapter 10 Finish~