Chapter 15 - Doorway

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your/Mireya's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Awakening myself from yet another sinister night terror, I compose myself, as I hesitantly seat myself upon the oh-so-familiar mattress that currently lays beneath me. Unlike majority of the 'mornings' that I experience, whilst my mind finds a way to unwind itself after the frightening dream, that exact 'night terror' soon slips my mind, as a predominantly, more important thought take its' place.

Referring to the adventurous thoughts I had seemed to be contemplating the day before, the course of action that I had decided to take,

was to venture into the forbidden territory that lays beyond the only room that I have ever known.

That room, being the room in which I am currently stationed inside of.

I ecstatically leap out of the mattress that has become my only home for the past few months.

Standing isn't so unusual, as I had attempted to do it a few times before. However, being as out of practice as I am, as my feet plant firmly into the solid, resistant tiles, I stumble, hardly being able to remain upright.

As I glance down towards my bare, spotless feet, the attire that appears to cover me is an off-white, knee-length, oversized singlet. It seems to be acting as a short dress of sorts. It, however, has no shape whatsoever.

Paying no attention nor care towards my attire, I replace an unsteady foot in front of the one I had positioned moments before.

One foot after the other, I wobble and sway to either of my sides, whilst attempting to close the merger gap between the door and myself in an unsteady, yet determined manner.

As I place a final footing adjacent to the snow-white, tiled door that towers before me, I pause.

Contemplating my true intentions, I ponder;

Is this... really what I desire...?

This single room is all I've ever known.

What about Yuno...?

Should I...even be attempting this, in spite of everything?

As rapid flashbacks of the nightmare I once had flash momentarily into my brain, my mind reluctantly wanders itself into the inescapable, gloomy pits of self-doubt.

However,

the last remaining fragments of courage that dwell inside of my frail physique fight their way through the resistant, vicious dubieties, as they force my shivering palm to slap the cheek closest to it.

The tender, tingly sensation frees my mind from its' depths, as my head becomes clear.

What am I thinking?

I can't turn back now.

I must venture beyond this miniscule world that lies beyond this tiled space...

No matter the cost!

The frail, bony hand that belongs to myself, latches itself onto the slim handle attached to the towering door. Gritting my teeth in determination whilst shoving many leering fears behind me, with the feeble remnants of strength that lie within my withered bones, I force the handle downwards, as I had seen Yuno do many times before.

I shove the door in an outwards motion, as it willingly complies, revealing a widely agape doorway.

As tender, yet beaming rays of luminescence shine through the majestically-lit doorway, my brittle, quivering forearm raises itself, and manages to cease the majority of the flowing beams from obstructing my vision.

Hesitantly, the frail forearm that currently barricades my vision, steadily lowers itself, exposing my scrunched, adjacently-opened eyelids to the soft radiance.

As the emerald orbs within my quaking frame expand and and marvel the majestic sight before me, all motion in my body halts.

My physique ceases its' shivering.

The mellow, gentle beams of light warm my figure, embracing me in their warm baths of light.

Filled to the brim with a peculiar, yet uplifting sensation of courage, my silver-haired head peeks itself through the agape doorway, as I sigh in relief, indicating that the coast is clear.

Now stepping one foot in front of the other in a consistent, yet unstable motion, I meander through an unfamiliar, marble-gold hallway that stands proudly before me. Various floor-to-ceiling, pillars of the same material appear every few meters or so. Beams of ever-so-pure radiance continue to shine and melt against my physique, as they pour through vast, glass panes that are consistently placed on the scenic, outer side of the hallway.

After meandering through the hallway for a couple minutes, and having the sunlight abandon the path in which I took, I soon reach a 't-junction' of sorts, where the hallway splits itself into four. Whilst contemplating which hallway to take, my ears perceive various low-pitched voices.

Those voices, becoming increasingly louder, and louder.

Overwhelmed with an eerie, trepidatious sense, my heart begins to beat itself rapidly inside of my quickly-tightening chest.

Dashing behind one of the nearby pillars whilst clutching the plain-white cloth that covers my brittle physique, I cup a frail palm over my chapped lips, attempting to muffle even the slightest of exhales that may be heard.

I sense the voices reach their peak, and pause.

However, the voices begin once again, as they drift off, until they are nothing but a ever-so-slight murmur.

I heave a sigh of relief, as I cautiously step out from behind the towering, marble pillar.

(Dun dun dun dun dun MISSION IMPOSSIBLE MOMENT!)

Now having become clearly aware of the surroundings and risks in which I reside, I slink against the wall to my left, attempting to walk sneakily and sly whilst hiding from whoever may be hidden within this 'golden dawn base's medical facility'. (At least, that's what Yuno calls it.)

I seem to have chosen the left path, as I internally pray that I have made the correct decision.

My body comes to a sudden halt, as I unintentionally bump against one of a pair of enormous marble-gold pillars, which appear to mark the entrance towards a grand doorway.

As I steady myself, once again, I peek my head out from around the vastly broad pillar, inspecting whether or not the mysterious doorway is secure for myself to enter.

My vast, luscious field-like orbs instantly widen themselves, as I would have ever expected to glimpse, what I have currently set my eyes upon.

It's a...

Library...?

~Chapter 15 Finish~