Chapter 14 - A So-Called 'Soft Side'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Your/Mireya's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The tiny pixie looks quite taken aback at the sudden genuine sentiment, as she becomes startled, not knowing the right words to say. Eventually, she clears her throat, and declares in a proud assertive voice, "W-Well. Ahem. If you insist, then I suppose... we could be friends. Hmph!"

At the forming of a new bond of friendship, a minuscule yet genuine smile curls upon my face, presenting a closed eye smile, as I convey in a mellow manner, "I am known as Mireya. I'm glad to have you as my friend, along with Yuno."

The chartreuse, tsun-tsun pixie frowns and appears as if she is objecting to a certain statement that is not to her liking. However as she rotates to face Yuno, she deadpans, and seems to notice a little something...

As she sighs and giggles suspiciously, she decides to run a little experiment, acting as if she hadn't been near to exploding a few moments ago.

She ever-so-quietly whispers in Yuno's ear, "I've read manga, so I know how love works. First they meet, become friends, and are in denial of their love for each other. They then fall in love, get married, and have 73 babies!"

"WHAT!" I hear a certain alarmed male's voice shout. As I flinch, and glance in Yuno's direction, he apologises.

Yuno's lowered, shadowed face instantaneously flushes a great crimson, as steam emerges from the top of his head.

The sylph smirks, as her hypothesis has seemed to be proven correct.

Though, my senses are already too preoccupied to notice, tingling with joy at the forming of my new friendship with Bell to notice.

However, the moment of my oblivious oh-so-quiet peace doesn't last for long, as the pixie then squeals, "See Yuno! I've found myself a friend. Infact, I like Mireya. You should act more like her!"

Bell then sticks out her tongue in a semi-playful, semi-irritated way, as she glides out of the room, through the slim crack in the adjacently-opened door.

Due to the tsun-tsun pixie having left the room, with my permission, Yuno then lowers himself to take a seat on the mattress that lays beneath me, as there is more than enough space.

We have quite a friendly conversation, despite having known each other for the short time frame that we have. Who knows what we were talking about? We certainly didn't. I earned a slight chuckle from him, and he earned a smile from me. A fair trade if you ask me.

Much to my disappointment, he soon says after what has felt like only a mere few seconds of conversation, "I'm afraid I must return to my duties. I'll see you soon, Mireya.", as he opens the door, and swiftly wanders through it. He then closes the door behind him, leaving me once again,

alone.

All of a sudden, a thought crosses my mind.

I don't have to be alone in this godforsaken room!

What if... I wandered around this 'medical facility'? Seeing as I've never ventured outside of this single room before.

...Just to explore!

My bones should be strengthened enough, seeing as they've been resting for months now.

After a few minutes of contemplating this split-second stroke of genius, I finally reach a conclusion, on whether to venture outside of my ward, or to stay put inside of it for Wizard King knows how long.

~~~~~~~~~~
Yuno's POV
~~~~~~~~~~

As I shut the door and release the doorknob from my weary clutches I limp my way out of the room (aided by my magic-stabilised crutches) in which Mireya is currently stationed inside of. Prior to myself being able to travel too far away, I hear a high-pitched, female's voice giggle from behind a near wall. Frozen, yet intrigued, I stealthily hobble over to the sound's source.

To my absolute horror, I spy a certain Klaus, and a certain Mimosa huddled, attempting to be secretive and sly.

(IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK)

Mimosa faces Klaus and whispers, in a sweet and cooing voice, "Aww, Yuno was so gentle when he conversed with that girl! I never knew he had a soft side!", while Klaus responded in the same volume, "Yes, it is quite cute, I do have to say.", while repositioning his trusty specks upwards with his ring finger.

The very instant that these words reach my ears, a sudden wave of heat instantaneously rushes towards my cheeks, causing them to flush a brilliant shade of scarlet.

(You're welcome. Official anime art from Clover Clips: Supersized!)

A sliver of the emotion known as irritation escapes my grasp, as my eyebrow twitches in annoyance.

However, I manage to regain my composure while Klaus and Mimosa continue to converse, as the flush of heat fades away, slowly but surely.

How oblivious. They still have yet to notice myself looming over them.

"Ahem." I cough, as a dark, ominous shadow clouds my eyes, as my eyebrow continues to twitch.

Both Klaus and Mimosa pause, as they sense a petrifying aura. It's source being directly behind them.

Their heads turn adagio-slowly around to face me, as if they dread the very moment that they will be forced to make eye contact with me. The instant that their horror-struck expressions meet mine, they disintegrate. Literally.

After standing back up on their feet, they put their hands together in an attempt to gain forgiveness from me.

Mimosa begins, by conveying apologetically, "We're sorry, Yuno! Really, really sorry! We only wanted to see how adorable and soft you were while talking to her-"

"It was not adorable, and I do not have the the so-called 'soft side' that you speak of. Not in a million years." I declare confidently, this time being able to maintain my aloof expression, and neutral personality. The last thing that I desired, was for any of my teammates to speculate a point of weakness within me, of course.

As Klaus and Mimosa continue screeching their apologies, and fanning over my so called 'soft side' for the girl, I ponder to myself.

Maybe... Mimosa is right.

Although, even if she is, I couldn't possibly reveal that she is.

Though, do I...

... Have a soft side for Mireya...?

Moreover...

Why...?

~Chapter 14 Finish~