👑 Carrie:. Swing Sweetheart

Category:. Fluff

Note:. This is the only one that's going to keep its original pronouns because it relies on the gender of reader for the story, plus lesbean rep. I'll make a new one with neutral pronouns soon!

***************

Carrie White.

To everyone else, she was a weirdo, an outcast, something to be hated.

To you, she was your best friend, you're a partner in metaphorical crime, she was perfect.

Like Carrie, you grew up Christan, and you were secluded from the outside life, though instead of being physically abused as well, it was all mental torture. Not that you could blame your mother, you knew she was ill in the head, you could say the same about Carrie's mother. You could, but you wouldn't, that woman was evil. Now may God forgive you, but if you had the chance, you'd make sure that Margret paid for everything she ever did to Carrie. In the meantime, you were just grateful, she liked you, believing you to be the 'perfect Christian girl.' Constantly, she threw that fact in Carrie's face, to which you would attempt to defend her. It would always fall on deaf ears.

To say you cared about the young girl was an understatement. You were totally and completely head over heels for her, she was sweet, and her innocence may have gotten the better of her, but she showed you a whole new way to view the world, and you adored that about her. Everything about her.

You, however, weren't going to say anything to her. For all you knew she would throw you out into the streets and spit in your face, calling you disgusting forever caring for a woman. A part of you knew Carrie would never, she'd probably just tell you she didn't feel the same way, but you knew, either way, it would end in heartbreak.

You were snapped out of your thoughts as the school bell rang, letting everyone out for the weekend. You quickly gathered your things and rushed down the hallways, nodding at a few students who occasionally said hi or waved. You weren't at the bottom of the food chain in the teenage cesspool of high school, but you knew a few people which was nice.

"Carrie," You shouted over the crowd, spotting the blonde making her way out of the gym. You shoved and pushed past everyone coming your way before finally finding yourself in front of the grinning girl. Putting your hands on your knees, you looked at the ground, trying to catch your breath.

"(Y/n), how was class?" She spoke softly.

You let out one last huff, "It was torture-" your voice faded as you got a good look at her face, noticing the redness in her cheeks, and her puffy eyes.

"Oh no...Carrie.." You reached up to cup her cheek, but decided against it, putting your hand on her shoulder instead and fully standing. "What happened in there?"

"Nothing, (Y/n), I'm fine," She swiftly looked away.

"Carrie, I know you won't tell me, but I'm here for you okay?" She said nothing. "Let's head over to the library to study." You finally suggested, after sighing at the silence. She simply nodded and began shuffling to the front doors.

You rummaged through the depths of your mind, trying to find the best way to cheer up your companion. Maybe, just maybe, she would agree to spend the night at your house? Your mother wouldn't mind and you were sure you could convince Carrie's mom.

You nodded subtly to yourself and turned to her, "Hey, why don't you stay at my house tonight? I'm sure it'd make you feel better and mother won't mind." You opened the front door and held it, as Carrie walked through, "Plus, your mom loves me, she'll let you stay if I ask."

You both continued on your way to the library. It was a short walk, only 5 minutes, but when you were with Carrie, time seemed to race against you, trying to steal the precious moments you had with her. There were times when all you wanted to do was hold her close and curse the sands of time and fate, but that fantasy was just that - a fantasy.