8.

After taking me to the moon and back in just few minutes, Danish stares at me in the eye, giving me a pleased look, making my body shiver.

"I knew you would do that.." he says, "after all, it was on your mind since the night we met. " he gives me a smirk and I suddenly feel like a looser.

"It grounded your mind too." I reply coldly, feeling better for doing so.

"Its still grounding my mind..." he whispers against my ear. "But I'll save some fun for later. Bye, Saba." he adds, and then walks towards his bike which is parked over the "No Parking" area, and immediately drives it away.

Haya was right when she told me that the next time I meet Danish, we'd be kissing each other.

We did. And there's nothing I regret about it.

I quickly message him the details regarding the place where the wedding has been held and let out a deep breath. It takes me a minute or two to gather up my courage to walk inside the house and face my mother.

I find my mother lying on the couch with her hand resting on her forehead. Her eyes are closed but she sits up immediately as I enter the lounge.

"Do I deserve an explanation? " she asks me. Disappointment can be heard in her words.

"We just met thrice. " I tell her slowly, not tearing my gaze apart from the floor.

"And yet you end up kissing him? " she asks in complete shock and my eyes go wide.

She saw?

"How do you know? " I ask in a shaky voice, God knows how much nervous I'm feeling right now. Seriously, how am I supposed to feel when I find out my mother saw me making out with a man?

Nervous. Right?

"Its not hard to guess when your lipstick is spreaded all over your jaw line and cheeks. " she rolls her eyes.

And now I'm feeling more guilty, trying to remove it up by rubbing my fingers.

"What do you know about this guy, Saba? " she asks, " What about him made you kiss him like that? "

His unignoreable stare. His golden brown eyes. His sweet touch that is hard to resist. Everything about him makes me want to kiss him.

"It just happened, Ma. It wasn't planned. "I try to be honest.

"Don't try to fool me, Saba Arif. I know all about this devil love shit!" my mother snaps. Anger rises in my bones when she says that.

"He's not devil! " I yell. "I know why you're doing this! You're jealous." I take a breath, trying to control the tears that are falling from my eyes.
Her eyes go wide, call it shock or heartbreak, it's hard to guess.

"W-what? "

"You are jealous because your love life wasn't this passionate. Because dad didn't craved enough for you! And died young, leaving you nothing but a lot of debts to pay! But that's not my fault! You know other moms would love it when their daughters find true love and here you are.. Never getting tired of making me feel ashamed of myself!" I exhale a breath and wipe tears away from my face.

I watch my mother go to her bedroom quietly, closing the door behind her.
She didn't say a single thing. What is left for her to say anyway? I haven't given her any choice but to stay quiet. It's true what I said, my dad was a good husband, my parents never fought, But their marriage wasn't the type that every girl dreams of. My father was a punctual man. He loved to stick on one routine, no social circle, no hangouts or travelling with friends or family, just simple work-home routine life he was living. And then one day, he fainted while walking on the street, he was taken immediately to the hospital and then my mother was told that he had been going through the last stage of blood cancer.