26.

Zain's POV

"Mom! Are you ready?" I set my well-combed hair one more time and fix my tie a little then call out for my mother who is taking forever to get ready for our dinner at Saba's place. Tonight is gonna be the special night of my life. My mother will give my proposal to Saba's family and I just hope she says 'yes'. I walk towards my cupboard and bring out the diamond ring I'm going to put on her lovely finger tonight and keep it in my pocket.

I rush out of my room and go downstairs to find my mom. Haya is waiting for me in the lounge, dressed in her satin pink dress she brought from Turkey. She smiles as I walk in, "How do I look?" She asks eagerly.

"Absolutely gorgeous!" Its true to be honest.

"You too, bro! Navy blue color was just made for you." She compliments on my navy blue coat suit and I can do nothing but blush. Navy blue is Saba's favourite color as well.

"Hello, children!" My mother exclaims as she comes out from her room. Dressed in a beautiful mint-green saari she looks stunning.

"Come on, let's go! It's getting late." She says and all of us head outside the house.

We reach Saba's destination in twenty minutes and just when we're about to knock on the door, it opens itself and Mrs. Arif welcomes us with a bright smile. She hugs Haya and my mother and welcomes us inside. My eyes only search for her, like I want her to emerge from anywhere so that I can take a glimpse of her.

"I'm glad you came Zeenat. " Saba's mother says to my mom as she hands us the glasses of water.

"How couldn't I? The children said they there planning a party, I said, "I will come too, I want to meet Sarah." My mom replies with a smile.

A moment later, the lounge filled with the fragrance of rose and Saba's beautiful figure approaches. She is dressed in a black dress with decent copper embroidery over it. Her hair is styled upward in a braid and the rest is left open. The little makeup that she has done gives perfect shine to her face and outfit. Long story short, Saba looks more beautiful than I could ever imagine.

She smiles and sits next to my mother. My mom looks at her with love and then turn to Mrs. Arif, " Dear friend, we've been great friends for so long. You know about us and we know all about you. The reason I'm here today is that I want to ask you a favor."

"What kind of favor?" Mrs. Arif  asks slowly.

"I'm here because I want you to consider Zain's proposal for Saba. The children  have faced the ups and downs together and they know each other very well. And most of all, Mr. Hassan and I love Saba like our daughter. I hope you won't disappoint me, will you?" My mother explains her reason for appearing at Saba's residence and Aunt Sarah's face glows with happiness.

"Oh I have been thinking the same dear. But are you sure you don't have any problem because you know...." I know exactly what Aunt Sarah means by that and I shake my head in regret.

"How can you think like that Sarah? Saba is my daughter and I love her and accept her no matter what. The best thing is that my son loves her. Whatever happened in the past should stay in the past. Don't ruin our children's special day by bringing up the things that don't exist anymore." My mother moves her hand over Saba's head and smiles gently.

Far from my sight, I can see the tears in my soon-to-be fiancee's eyes.

"Come here, Zain." My mother stands up from her place and let me sit next to Saba. I pull out the velvet box from my pocket and open it up.

"Will you marry me, Saba?" I ask her, my heart pounding at the speed of hundred.

"Yes..." she smiles with watery eyes and I take her beautiful hand in mine and put on a ring on her finger. She hugs me right away and I put my arms around her, giving her all the comfort I can.

Everyone claps in the living room when we let each other go. Our entire evening is spent in the mixture of happiness, love, laughter and joy.

Saba walks me outside the house at midnight. Her hand holding mine tightly. She looks at me with a smile and says, "I feel alive today.. all this time, that was missing.. how strange it is, Zain. I grew up infront of you and never knew you were the one for me... When I look at my painful past, I think the only good thing it lead me to was you... I had met you years ago but that was the day when I actually  met you. When I felt like you were the person I was searching for. The way you listened to me.. the way you calmed me when I was hurt, the way you made me get back to life.... everything just made me fall in love with you more and more... and now... now I'm at the stage where I can't let you go.. because... because you are my life now.. you are my world..." she cries and hides her face in my chest.

"All this time.. this is what I've been wanting to hear from you.. I love you, baby.." I whisper in her ear and she nods, holding me even more tight.

"I love you too, Zain.."

*****

The End.