16.

Zain's POV

After speaking to Saba on phone it becomes so hard to concentrate on work again. Our conversation keeps playing in my head like a recording. I close the file and put my pen down and stand up to pour myself a glass of water from the dispenser. My phone rings once again, bringing me back from deep thoughts that have no meanings at all or maybe they have, but they're hard enough to understand. This time its Uncle Salim, the police inspector.

"Hello? " I ask as I answer the call.

"Hello, Zain Hassan Khan! Hope you're doing well. " he replies, his voice energetic and powerful like always.

"I'm doing great, sir. What about you?" I ask back, trying to sound energetic just like him.

"All well. Just an important thing to tell you. Miss Saba will have to file a case against Danish for attempting a rape on her. If not, we will have to let Danish go if someone comes to bail him out. " Uncle Salim tells me and my eyes pop open.

"But we caught him red-handed! How can we let him go? " I ask in confusion.

"Of course, we did. But it's not my job to decide how long he's gonna stay here. The court will decide either to keep him imprisoned or let him go. And for that, Ms. Saba will have to file a case and tell court the truth as she's the victim." Inspector Salim explains me and I nod.

"And what about that woman and child? " I ask being concerned, somehow I believe she is the victim too.

"She's his wife. And that child was Danish's son. " Inspector Salim tells me, the glass falls down from my hand and I bend down to pick it up.
"He has a wife? " I ask again, still not believing what he just said.

"And son as well. " I'm told.

Oh my gosh! Does Saba even know this?

"Doesn't she have to say anything about him? Why can't she file the case?" I ask Uncle Salim.

"She can, for being kidnapped by him.  But thats not what we've arrested him for. We arrested him for rape attempt. So the rape victim will have to file the case. However, his wife can help as an evidence for Saba's statement. " he explains me in detail.

"Alright, sir. I'll discuss it with Saba and will let you know soon. " I assure him while walking towards the door to leave. I walk out of the office and get in my car quickly and start driving to Saba's residence. My mind is all surrounded by the thought of Danish being married and cheating on his wife as well as Saba. Does Saba even know what the bastard had been doing to her all this time? He fooled her and literally moved her on his fingertips. Son of a bitch!

After reaching her place, I park my car infront of the porch and walk out. I've rung the door bell thrice and after that Aunt Sarah opens the door. Her face lights up when she looks at me.

"Zain! My child! How are you? Come in, have a seat. " she welcomes me inside and I go on. The last time I saw this woman, she was all sad and depressed. I'm glad to see her face lighten up today.

" Just today I was just telling Saba to call you. Poor girl, she doesn't listen to me. I'm glad you came by yourself. " she says and I smile.

"She did call me actually. " I tell her.

"She did? "

"Yes, we planned a dinner. " I explain.

"Oh wow! That's amazing. " she exclaims with joy and stands up. "I'll check on her then. " she says and go upstairs and I take a seat on the couch, my heart racing fast and my eyes desperate to see her face again.