24.

Zain's POV

Nothing could compare to the pain that reflected on Saba's face after Haya let her down. Her expression resembled to the one she had on the day I saved her from Danish. I turn to face Haya who is staring at me with angry eyes.

"Congratulations. You've ruined everything." I say and leave the lounge immediately.

"Zain?" My mother calls out to me from the kitchen but I don't prefer answering and walk straight to my bedroom and shut the door behind. I sit on my bed trying to focus on what to do next. What happened downstairs has destroyed my entire excitement for the evening. For once I thought everything was getting back to normal but I was wrong. Nothing gets normal no matter how much I try.

There's a bang on the door and then Haya pushes the door open and walks inside.

"Seriously? Is that my fault?" She almost shouts.

"Don't shout!" I yell back, " And yes, it is your fault."

"Oh really? So I return from a tiring trip with a guilt in my heart that Saba's boyfriend broke up with her and she didn't answer any of my calls. She must be sad and broken. But then I find her staring deep in the eyes of none else but my own brother. Then I find you looking at her again and again from the front mirror while you drive the car. Then you guys almost kiss in our lounge and you don't want me to react?"

"Yes, we're dating! How does any of this affects you, Haya?" I am totally frustrated by her sick she-kept-it-from-me kind of mentality.

"It doesn't affect me. I'd be glad to see you two together. What affects me is the fact that she ditched me for you."

"She didn't ditch you Haya! For God's sake!" I rub my hand over my forehead and wipe off the sweat. "Danish raped her." The words take alot of effort to come out of my mouth. The color of Haya's angry face changes as soon as she hears the terrific truth.

"What did you just say?" Her voice shaking with fear and shock. And why shouldn't it be? She didn't expect it at all.

"The night you left for honeymoon, Danish kidnapped her and took her to some strange place. He had his wife and son captive over there and he raped Saba infront of them. Twice." Haya hates to listen it as much as I hate to say it.

"I figured out the place and went there with police. They arrested Danish and I brought Saba home. She has filed the case against him and tomorrow is the hearing. She didn't keep things away from you Haya. No rape victim puts on a banner on their head telling people they have been raped. You've no idea how hard I've tried to make her smile again. She grew up in this house but I never felt close to her the way I did after that incident. She needed someone to listen to her cries and I decided to be that one person. And if that lead us to falling in love with each other it's not our fault. It just happened. If staying with me gives her hope to live another day, then I'm surely very happy to do that. And yes, I will marry her once the case is over. Its private right now, I haven't discussed it with her either. Because I know she's tensed right now and I don't want to make her life more miserable."

The reality turns down the ego of my sister and she starts crying. I take her hand and make her sit by my side. Haya sobs over my shoulder. "Its okay.. but you should really go and apologize to her."

"Can you drop me there?" She asks wiping off her tears and I nod. We both walk out of the room with a smile when mom calls out again.

"Does anybody think its important to at least answer me?"

"Yes, mom." I reply with a smile.

"Where are you two going? You just got home." She asks Haya.

"I'm going to fix my mistake." Haya replies and walks out of the house.

*********

Saba's POV

Today is the worst day of my life. All I can feel about myself is shame and guilt and anger. Is it how it all was supposed to be? Part of me is sad for her. But part of me just don't like the fact that she wants to act like my boss all the time. After everything that happened to me, don't I deserve someone who truly loves me? I don't understand what's bothering her; me falling in love or me falling in love with her brother?

I quickly get out of the car after the driver drives me home and rush inside the house. My mother is surprised to see me back so soon. "Saba dear? Weren't you supposed to stay there for dinner?" She asks while emerging from the kitchen.

I'm too weak to answer her questions so I just run upstairs and shut the door of my room.

"Saba what happened?" My mother bangs on the door twice until she finally gets the key to unlock it.

"What's the matter?" She asks worriedly when she notices me sitting on the edge of my bed, crying.

"Nothing! Ma. Just leave me alone." I say and turn my face away.

She comes to sit by my side and moves her hand gently over my hair. "Haya didn't like you and  Zain together?" She asks softly.

How does she know it? How does she understand everything without a single hint?

"Mama tell me, please." I hold her hands in mine and look at her with teary eyes. "Am I doing wrong?"

"No my dear... you deserve all the happiness in the world my love.." she pulls me in a hug. "Haya is just hurt a bit. You guys never kept anything from each other, then suddenly if she finds her brother's interest in you, she will definitely get upset. Just give her some time, she will be fine. " my mother says and kisses my cheek.

"Saba!" Haya's voice echoes in the room making me and my mom look up to find her standing on my door. She rushes towards me and sits down on her knees infront of me. Zain follows her behind, having a sorrow expression on his face. It wasn't his fault. It was no one's fault actually.

Haya hugs me tightly leaving me shocked when I notice tears in her eyes after she lets go of me. "Why are you crying?" I ask being concerned about what made her so guilty in just half an hour.

"I'm sorry, Saba! I didn't know... I didn't know it was a hard time for you... I just turned so selfish towards you and I'm really sorry for that... I know how I reacted was wrong but trust me, I didn't know what was going on in your life.." Haya says and I look at Zain with questioning eyes. He nods his head in agreement, he had told her.

My phone buzzes and I look down to see an unknown number appearing on the screen. It's the same number from which Danish had called me when he planned on attacking my mother.

"It's Danish." I look up and tell Zain.

"Recieve it and put it on speaker." Zain suggests and I nod, too afraid to find out what is gonna be his next move.

"Hello?" I say and turn the speaker on.

"Saba.... my love... its Danish. Please don't cut the line.." he begs me.

"Why have you called?"

"Saba I know what I did to you was wrong. Believe me, I didn't want to do it.. it just happened... even I'm shocked___" Danish tries to sound innocent but I cut him off.

"Just happened? Things like kidnapping a girl and stealing her soul apart don't just happen Danish. They are all planned and done on purpose. I can tell that the way you're apologizing, even that's on purpose." My words burn with anger and pain, making my body shiver.

"No, Saba I mean it. Please take the case back and forgive me.. I promise I will never come in your life again.." he says and I shake my head as if he can see it.

"Yeah why would you come back in my life? You've done what you wanted to do. But I'm not stupid to set you free and let some other girl get spoiled because of you! You don't deserve to live in this world with your head held high, Danish. You deserve punishment. Severe punishment.  And your victims deserve justice. And I will do whatever it takes to get justice for myself and all those girls whom you have attacked. See you tomorrow." I hang up and let out a deep breath.

My mother rubs my shoulder and smiles kindly at me, "I'm proud of you, my girl." She says and pulls me in a hug.

Haya and Zain join us making me feel more stronger than before. Now that we're a team, I believe the court's  decision will be in our favor. Hopefully.

**********